Thank you for joining us during our session this year, Irresistible Emails: How to Get Your Audience to Open and Act. As promised, here's a list of tips, resources, downloads, and links recommended by your panelists to help elevate your communications efforts.
Deliverability: Before You Send Checklist
Formatting and Accessibility
- Did you include a plain text version?
- Is the HTML less than 100K?
- Are all images smaller than 30K?
- Are all of your links working correctly?
- Is Alt Text in place for all images?
- Is the image-to-text ration about 30/70?
- Is there a clear way to unsubscribe from this email?
- Is your email template mobile-friendly?
- Is your email accessible?
- Is your “From Name” and “From Address” recognizable?
- Does your subject line match your email content?
- Is this email directly relevant to the user?
- Does this email have a clear and specific goal?
- Does the CTA (call to action) tell the user what to do, how to do it, and why to do it?
Permission and Sender Reputation
- Have these email addresses opted-in to your communications?
- Have you removed all hard-bounces and unsubscribes?
- Are you on any Domain or IP blacklists?
- Check your sender reputation on Sender Score.
Build a Relationship With Your Audience
Writing Subject Lines
Testing Subject Lines
Writing Email Body Copy
- 7 Essential Tips for Creating Mobile-Friendly Emails
- How to Optimize Emails for Mobile Devices: Design and Content
Email Formatting and Design
Up and Coming Email Marketing Platforms
Using Images in Your Communications
General Photo Tips
- Getting great images
- Shooting great video
Resources for Stock Images
Resources for Editing Images
- Giphy animated GIF maker
- Canva creates, edits images and graphics
- Gimp photo editor
- Picmonkey photo editor
Resources for Storing Images