Closing After-Hours Drop Boxes
About this Webinar
Does your organization have after-hours “drop boxes” that you’d like to see closed? Worried there will be a negative community response or more abandonment? Hear from your colleagues who’ve already taken the leap; they will discuss what they did to prepare for closing their drop boxes.
Three panelists representing geographically diverse locations and multiple agency types separate reality from mythology and share their own successes and challenges with the transition.
- Nancy Hill, Director, Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Service, WA
- Julie Levy, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, Director, Maddie’s Shelter Medicine Program, FL
- Kathie Johnson, Director of Animal Services, Animal Humane Society, MN
By the end of this webinar, you will develop an understanding about:
- Why their agency decided to close their animal drop boxes
- How they communicated this decision to their community and handled questions
- What steps they took to accommodate the closing of their drop boxes
- The benefits based on data and shelter experience
- Lessons learned
This 60-minute webinar is designed for decision-makers at municipal agencies, shelter leaders, government officials, veterinarians, staff, and board members.
Thinking Outside the Box (blog by Dr. Emily Weiss)
Association of Shelter Veterinarians Guidelines for Standards of Care in Animal Shelters
Related Tools & TipsSee All
Serving Horses in Your Community with Strategic Intake Policies
Use these intake strategies to help more horses in your community.