Important - Please read
The job postings provided on this webpage are for informational purposes only, and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) does not confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any third party to this site. The ASPCA is not acting as an employment agent by providing this information nor is the ASPCA an employer with respect to any posting unless otherwise specifically stated in the posting. The ASPCA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or availability of any job listing. The ASPCA is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any employer posting jobs on this webpage other than decisions related to job postings for positions with the ASPCA. Any rights or claims any person may have under any applicable law (e.g., employment, equal employment, antidiscrimination, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.) may only be asserted against the employer and not the ASPCA.
- Represent HSNCF in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Provide consistent physical presence clinically and administratively on the leadership team.
- Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible animal ownership.
- Provide quality service to clients, volunteers, and staff recognizing their individual contributions to the success of our organization.
- Evaluate and provide constructive feedback to veterinarians no less than on a semiannual to annual.
- Develop and deliver medical staff training.
- Collaborate with the Veterinary Service Manager and Executive Director to hire and supervise the medical teams.
- Provide medical oversight of the clinic protocols and procedures, and responsible for evaluating and updating quarterly.
- Review the State of Florida Statutes “CHAPTER 474 VETERINARY MEDICAL PRACTICE” to ensure all medical practices are in compliance with necessary laws, annually.
- Provide oversight for veterinary technicians, veterinary assistants and veterinarians.
- Provide oversight to all cleaning and sanitation protocols for prevention of infectious/zoonotic disease throughout the shelter and medical facilities.
- Accountable and provide oversight of controlled drug handling and documentation by veterinarians and veterinary technicians.
- Perform surgical sterilizations including pediatric procedures as needed
- Perform wellness exams as needed
- Maintain familiarity with current research and practices for veterinary care and spay/neuter surgery to support community animal wellbeing
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to:
Chelsea Bower, Executive Director