Important - Please read
The job postings provided on this webpage are for informational purposes only, and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) does not confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any third party to this site. The ASPCA is not acting as an employment agent by providing this information nor is the ASPCA an employer with respect to any posting unless otherwise specifically stated in the posting. The ASPCA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or availability of any job listing. The ASPCA is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any employer posting jobs on this webpage other than decisions related to job postings for positions with the ASPCA. Any rights or claims any person may have under any applicable law (e.g., employment, equal employment, antidiscrimination, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.) may only be asserted against the employer and not the ASPCA.
- Create, develop, implement, and conduct skills-based training programs for veterinary support staff, including customer service representatives, veterinary assistants, veterinary apprentices and interns, and registered veterinary technicians, based upon guidance from leadership.
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for the veterinary student externship program, including scheduling, communications with externs, conducting orientation, and entering grades.
- In partnership with Human Resources and leadership, select and assign instructors to conduct specific components of the training process, when appropriate.
- In partnership with Human Resources, organize, track, report, and maintain accurate training records.
- Create and/or acquire Job Instruction Training (JIT) and/or training procedure manuals, guides, and materials.
- Suggest and implement appropriate changes and updates to SOPs.
- In partnership with Human Resources and leadership, evaluate skills-based training effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest trends in training and adult learning.
- Partner with the Director of People Development on an ongoing basis to ensure the facilitation of training and the application of DEAI principles are appropriate, consistent, and evolving as needed.
- Maintain safe animal handling skills, including the ability to handle dangerous/fractious animals.
- Partner with departments as needed to ensure the League’s facilities and equipment are in good working order.
- As requested, provide reports to Philanthropy, Marketing, Communications, and Education teams, including content for impact reports regarding League’s externship program for veterinary students.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply & see the complete job description!