Important - Please read
The job postings provided on this webpage are for informational purposes only, and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) does not confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any third party to this site. The ASPCA is not acting as an employment agent by providing this information nor is the ASPCA an employer with respect to any posting unless otherwise specifically stated in the posting. The ASPCA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or availability of any job listing. The ASPCA is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any employer posting jobs on this webpage other than decisions related to job postings for positions with the ASPCA. Any rights or claims any person may have under any applicable law (e.g., employment, equal employment, antidiscrimination, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.) may only be asserted against the employer and not the ASPCA.
- Performs all tasks of Veterinary Assistant position.
- Assist technicians and veterinarians in the performance of surgical procedures, including but not limited to preparation, monitoring, and recovery.
- Perform medical treatments and diagnostics at the direction of technicians and veterinarians, including but not limited to administering SQ, IM and IV injections.
- Capture accurate radiographs, independently or with the assistance of other team members, including but not limited to abdominal and thoracic.
- Maintain medical equipment and supplies.
- Perform basic veterinary treatments, including but not limited to nail trims, suture removal, ear cleaning and anal gland expression.
- Safely perform venipuncture as needed with optimal patient comfort.
- Collect and prepare a variety of laboratory procedures.
- Contribute to initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Participate in training and mentoring for incoming veterinary assistants.
Compensation: Starting at $20.80 - $21.30 per hour (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
How to Apply
Please visit our careers page for a comprehensive description & to apply!