Important - Please read
The job postings provided on this webpage are for informational purposes only, and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) does not confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any third party to this site. The ASPCA is not acting as an employment agent by providing this information nor is the ASPCA an employer with respect to any posting unless otherwise specifically stated in the posting. The ASPCA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or availability of any job listing. The ASPCA is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any employer posting jobs on this webpage other than decisions related to job postings for positions with the ASPCA. Any rights or claims any person may have under any applicable law (e.g., employment, equal employment, antidiscrimination, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.) may only be asserted against the employer and not the ASPCA.
- Assist technicians and veterinarians in the performance of surgical procedures.
- Perform medical treatments and diagnostics at the direction of technicians and veterinarians.
- Consistently provide exceptional customer service effectively communicating with patrons in high stress situations.
- Ensure a smooth and timely flow of office visits from check-in to discharge.
- Accurately obtain patient history from clients.
- Accurately weigh patients and obtain temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Accurately review discharge patient instructions with clients and distribute educational materials as recommended by doctor.
- Thoroughly document conversations with patrons including all recommendations, declined recommendations and treatments.
- Perform accurate data entry into hospital software system to update patron and animal records.
- Perform safe restraint for cats and dogs, including feral cats.
- Assist in patient recovery.
- Clean surgical instruments and wrap for sterilization. Use autoclave properly to sterilize wrapped packs and pouches.
- Properly clean, disinfect, and maintain all surgical and medical areas, including the autoclave, distiller, ultrasonic cleaner and washer/dryer.
- Operate League mobile unit vehicles, as assigned.
- Stock all areas of hospital as needed.
- Contribute to initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Perform euthanasia related tasks including body care.
Compensation: Starting at $20.00 - $20.90 /hour (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
How to Apply
Please visit our website to apply!