Ace of Spays, a trusted and reputable spay and neuter surgical service, is seeking an experienced and compassionate Spay/Neuter Veterinarian to join our team. As an Ace of Spays veterinarian, you will play a critical role in raising the bar in spay/neuter care for owned pets as well as community cats.
- Perform spay and neuter surgeries on cats and dogs in a high-volume but somewhat slower paced setting, adhering to established protocols and guidelines with attention to pet care.
- Conduct pre-surgical examinations to assess the health and suitability of animals for surgery.
- Supervise administration of appropriate pre-operative medications and anesthesia to ensure patient comfort and safety during surgery.
- Perform surgical procedures with precision, maintaining a high standard of care.
- Oversee monitoring of patients during surgery and recovery, addressing any complications or adverse reactions promptly.
- Collaborate with veterinary technicians and support staff to ensure smooth workflow and patient care.
- Maintain accurate medical records of surgeries performed and patient information using our rapid system
-Examine patients for clients who have post-operative concerns
-Read and respond to pre-op bloodwork findings
- Stay informed about the latest advancements in spay/neuter techniques and participate in continuing education opportunities.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited veterinary school.
- Valid state veterinary license.
- Minimum of two years of experience performing surgery in a high-volume spay/neuter setting.
- Proficient in performing spay and neuter surgeries on cats and dogs.
- Strong knowledge of anesthesia protocols, surgical techniques, and post-operative care.
- Excellent surgical skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a moderate to high caseload while maintaining a high standard of care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Compassionate and empathetic towards animals and their owners.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Higher than industry standards.
How to Apply
If you are an experienced spay/neuter veterinarian looking to make a positive impact on animal welfare, we would love to hear from you! Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications or licenses to Lori@AceofSpays.com.
Ace of Spays is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!