H.O.P.E. for Animals, a successful and growing non-profit, low cost spay/neuter and wellness clinic in Fort Wayne, Indiana is in need of a visionary leader to oversee HOPE for Animals' day-to-day operations by providing leadership and direction in achieving its philosophy, mission, strategic goals and objectives. If you have veterinary, animal welfare, clinic management and/or non-profit leadership experience and want a fulfilling career alongside passionate people dedicated to eliminating the unnecessary euthanasia of companion animals, this may be the position for you! Responsibilities include setting a clear vision for maximum community impact while being a steward of the organization’s brand, and fostering growth of services as well as trust among the community and clients that we serve. The Executive Director is accountable for management and oversight of a high-volume spay/neuter surgery center and wellness clinic and implementation of best practices and policies and procedures. The candidate should possess strong leadership skills and have experience in fundraising and development of donor relationships, budgeting, financial management, public speaking and media relations. Experience in a veterinary practice/clinic or animal welfare organization is highly desirable. The Executive Director role is a full-time, salaried position with a monthly insurance stipend. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please forward cover letter, resume and contact information for three business references to email@example.com. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Desired Start Day: March 1, 2020 Reports to: Board of Directors
JOB SUMMARY: Oversee H.O.P.E. for Animals' day-to-day operations by providing leadership and direction in achieving its philosophy, mission, strategic goals and objectives. Establishes a vision for community impact. The Executive Director is the steward of the organization’s brand, fostering growth of services as well as trust among the community and clients that we serve. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:Appointed by and operates under the direction of the Board of Directors, reporting directly to the President of the Board. Serves as the immediate supervisor to, and works closely with, the clinic manager, veterinarians, and team leaders of all programs. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:Program Development and Delivery
- Work with the Board to establish long and short term goals and report on goal achievements. Provide leadership in planning, implementing, and evaluating all new and existing programs and services.
- Work closely with clinic manager to ensure operational feasibility and excellence of all programs.
- Understand the dynamics of local and regional environments and work on programs based on community needs.
Community Relations, Outreach and Resource Development
- Serve as the spokesperson for the organization; represent the programs, goals, and mission of the organization to media, agencies, organizations, governmental units, and the general public.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with partners in animal welfare, current and prospective donors, community groups and government agencies.
- Promote a culture of fundraising among the Board, committees, and staff to establish and achieve realistic fundraising goals.
Administration and Human Resource Management
- Create and maintain an environment which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of quality people.
- Ensure that all job descriptions are clearly defined. Administer performance evaluations for managers and review performance evaluations of all other employees. Maintain documentation on all evaluations.
- Ensure compliance with personnel policies and state and Federal regulations.
- Confirm licensing of employees and ensure current license information is on file. Perform background checks on applicants as needed.
- Seek continuing educational/training opportunities for staff members.
- Oversee the maintenance of building and grounds.
Financial Management and Legal Compliance
- Maintain control of all funds. Develop and maintain sound financial practices.
- Work with Board Treasurer and appropriate staff to maintain accurate corporate records and documents. Ensure compliance with Federal, state, and local regulations and reporting requirements (i.e. annual information returns, payroll withholding, etc.)
- Execute legal documents, working with legal counsel as necessary.
- Assist in developing the annual budget and provide the Board with regular budget reports.
- Ensure that revenue goals are met or exceeded so that adequate funds are available to the organization.
Board of Directors
- Work with the Board to establish goals and develop strategic plans.
- Provide Board members with relevant operational information prior to monthly Board meetings.
- Keep the Board apprised of the state of the organization, including the internal climate of the clinic, and any outside influences that could affect the organization's goals or mission.
- Attend and make reports at monthly and/or specially-called Board meetings.
- Interact with and support Board committees.
JOB REQUIREMENTS:Bachelor's degree in business and/or related field preferred; non-profit experience desired.Experience working/managing a veterinary practice, animal clinic, animal welfare organization or non-profit organization is highly desired.Duties of this job include reaching with arms; using hands, fingers, eyesight, hearing and verbal communication; stair climbing, bending and kneeling. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Mixture of sitting, standing and walking.Occasional travel is possible. WORK ENVIRONMENT:Office environment includes daily interaction with cats and dogs. Required working hours are generally Monday through Friday. Although rare, weekend, evening or holiday hours may be required occasionally for special events, appearances, fundraising, public meetings. The candidate must be willing work a flexible work schedule at times.
How to Apply
Please forward cover letter, resume and contact information for three business references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.