- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of vaccine clinic events, including but not limited to logistics of setting up and breaking down outdoor pop up and indoor community clinics.
- Administrative duties such as managing appointment schedules, reminders, updating communication.
- Provide clinic specific training to both employees and volunteers.
- Provide on-site leadership to staff and volunteer team, ensuring vaccine clinics are running smoothly and efficiently, and the team is working effectively. This includes adapting work plans due to unexpected absences (callouts).
- Ensure our community vaccine clinics provide exceptional client service including client conflict resolution during events.
- Manage end of day financials for vaccine clinics.
- Maintain vaccine clinic supplies, equipment, shelters, and vehicles.
- Ensure vehicles used are properly stocked before, and unstocked after, clinic events.
- Create and implement established SOPs to guide consistent and appropriate operating procedures. Provide productive feedback on implementation and potential challenges to be experienced by the team, propose edits as needed.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures, including safety plans, client services, and event workflow.
- Partner with the staff veterinarian on-site, including coordinating emergency response for staff/volunteer injuries or pet vaccine reactions.
- Oversight and participation in clinics will vary week to week, depending on the number of scheduled clinics. Coordinator is anticipated to work up to 75% of their time on vaccine clinic duties per week. The remaining time would be spent working at Community Veterinary Services in their area of expertise (Customer Services Representative, Veterinary Assistant or Veterinary Technician).
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions. Additional definitions for competencies may be obtained from Human Resources
Organizational Key Competencies
- Integrity and Ethics
- Adapting to Change and Ambiguity
- Customer and Community Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
Position Key Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Conflict Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Cultural humility and competency
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Provides on-site direction and staff supervision at events
- This position requires occasional driving a company vehicle (sprinter van) to and from events. Training will be provided upon hire.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
Work performed in hospital, office setting and within communities. Work may be performed outside at times in cold, rainy or hot conditions. Work is performed standing, sitting, and/or walking. Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 30 pounds. Handle and restrain animals of various sizes, weights, and temperaments. Subject to animal bites or scratches. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, and feces.
Full Time Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Sabbatical program
- 401(k) with matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- And more!
Compensation: $22.50 - $23.65 per hour +$1 per hour language differential (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work with an ethnically and culturally diverse population
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
- Highly organized with above average time management skills
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Highly organized with above-average time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent education/experience
- Work Experience: Two years of customer service experience
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- Bilingual fluency speaking both English and Spanish
- Experience working in veterinary medicine, credentialed veterinary technician preferred
- Experience coordinating community events and/or community relations
How to Apply
Click here to apply!