2023 ASPCA Right Horse Grants to Amplify Adoptions and Support Community Equines
Timeframe: June 5, at 9 a.m. ET. - Friday, July 7, at 5 p.m. ET or until all funding is allotted
The ASPCA Right Horse's shared goal is to massively increase adoptions so that all equines in need of support will be able to receive help. This grant opportunity is aimed at helping to realize this goal by supporting programs and processes that increase adoptions, focus on owner relinquishment intake, and/or help keep owned horses home (through safety net programming).
Grants will generally range from $5,000-$150,000. The total funding amount available for this grant opportunity is up to $300,000.
ASPCA Right Horse Adoption Partners, Industry Partners, and active (defined as groups that are actively working to achieve the 13 criteria for Partnership and are participating on myrighthorse.org) Warm-Up Ring participants, are eligible to apply for this grant opportunity. Adoption organizations must be up to date on reporting monthly data. If you’re unsure about your eligibility, you may contact email@example.com to confirm before applying.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals ® was founded on the belief that animals are entitled to kind and respectful treatment by humans. Acting effectively on that belief requires a commitment to fostering a collaborative and compassionate culture and to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome all voices to participate in our advancement of these values in the interest of working together to improve the lives of animals in need.
Applicants must meet ASPCA Grantee Organizational Standards:
- If a past ASPCA grant recipient, must be current on all reporting requirements
- If a nonprofit organization
- Must be an incorporated or organized legal entity in good standing with the Secretary of State in the state where the organization is incorporated or organized
- Must have a board of at least 4 members with a majority of independent members with neither board chair nor treasurer receiving compensation from the organization
- Charitable registration must be current/active in the state of the grantee’s primary location (for grants >=$25,000)
Download complete requirements
Strong Proposals Should
- Clearly describe the problem/challenge you are aiming to solve
- Clearly and succinctly outline the program or project
- Quantify the expected impact
- Describe any expected barriers and how you plan to overcome them
- Declare how much this project will cost in total, how much is requested and how the funds will be used, using this template to fully outline budget
- Share a plan for sustaining the work beyond the grant term
- RFP will open on Monday, June 5, at 9 a.m. ET.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Monday, July 7, at 5 p.m. ET or until all available funding is allotted, whichever comes first.
- Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- All applicants will be notified within 2 months of submission about the status of their request.
Successful applicants will be invited to complete a formal application in our grant management system.
How To Apply
Please submit an application by completing this form.
We recommend you prepare in advance the information listed in the companion guide to allow you to complete the form in one session.
Please be sure all requested information is included in your responses. Applications cannot be revised after submission.
- For program-related inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For application submission inquiries/technical difficulties, please contact email@example.com