Fostering for Rock Stars
About this Webinar
The Cat Adoption Team’s 100+ foster families care for close to 1,000 kittens and mother cats annually through their model foster program, Fostering 4 Rock Stars. Learn from their 15 years of experience and save more cats and kittens in your community. Discover how you can develop a foster program from scratch or take your existing program and add that “X” factor to achieve greater success. This webinar is part of the ASPCA’s national kitten foster campaign, a collaboration designed to get more kittens into foster homes.
You will learn how to:
- Create a foster mentor system to give foster parents more support and reduce foster trips to the shelter or vet
- Provide comprehensive training and a kitten “baby bag” to set foster families up for success
- Develop medical protocols that will keep kittens healthy and avoid preventable deaths
- Implement a pre-adoption process to get foster kittens straight into adoptive homes from foster care
- Raise additional funds to keep your foster program going
Whether you’re a volunteer or staff member at a limited or open admission shelter, foster-based program or brick-and-mortar agency, this webinar will help you make a difference immediately. This session will be especially beneficial to participants in the ASPCA’s national kitten foster campaign.
Related WebinarsSee All webinars about this
Be notified about our upcoming webinars.
Join the ASPCApro email list for updates about webinars, resources, and more.
Related Tools & TipsSee All
They Did It: Started an Office Dog Foster Program
A different kind of foster program at Charleston Animal Society allows staff working in the shelter to foster a dog for the day. Learn how you can do the same!
5 Tips to Support Kitten Foster Caregivers in Areas of High Shelter Intake
By supporting community members who are already providing foster care for kittens, animal welfare organizations can strengthen what’s already working.
Simultaneously Message Kitten Foster Recruitment and Leaving Healthy Kittens in Place
Struggling with how to ask the public to leave found healthy kittens in the field while also recruiting kitten foster caregivers? Check out these messaging ideas.