ASPCA®'s TNRM training is available for New York City residents who want to help community cats in the five boroughs.
Next session: Coming Soon
During this two-hour online course, ASPCA staff and field experts will guide you through best practices for beginning or elevating a TNRM program in your community.
Using examples from years of experience, research data, and video demonstrations, presenters will review all aspects of trapping, transporting, returning, monitoring, providing pre/post-operative care, and sheltering community cats, and offer tips on how to communicate with neighbors and successfully collaborate with local officials.
What You'll Learn in an ASPCA TNRM Workshop
- The history and behavior of community cats
- Best practices for TNRM
- How TNRM is the most humane and effective method to managing community cat colonies
- How to become an advocate for unowned cats in your community
- How to use Box traps, dividers, special trapping techniques, and pre/post spay-neuter in-trap care
- Free services the ASPCA offers rescuers in New York City
- How to network with fellow caretakers
Attendees will also receive resources that will provide the support and information you need to begin your own TNRM project.
Questions? Email TNRinfo@aspca.org for more information.
Registrants unable to attend the live session will be given access to a recording of the presentation.