Sterility & Packs in Spay/Neuter Clinics
Asepsis in spay/neuter clinic procedures is vital, and there are many ways to maintain a sterile surgery environment. Included here are the following resources:
- Pack Preparation (video)
- Open Gloving Technique (video)
- Obtaining Suture & Threading a Needle (video)
- Sterile Draping Techniques (video)
- Surgical Pack Instrument Guide
- Surgical Pack Assembly Guide
- Sterile Surfaces signage: These downloadable resources can be used in your surgery suite to remind the surgical team of areas that should be kept sterile.
We have lots more on this subject:
Featured Tools & TipsSee All
Guiding Dogs Through Spay/Neuter Intake & Examination
This video series will show you how to safely and comfortably handle, approach, and guide dogs through spay/neuter procedures including approach, determining alteration status, and intake.
Anesthesia Machine Use & Care
These spay/neuter clinic demonstration videos show how to perform critical maintenance on anesthesia machines.
Spay/Neuter Surgery for Female Dogs
These demonstrative videos show you the many techniques used to perform a spay surgery on female dogs.
Latest NewsSee All
A Pup Named Pumpernickel is ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance’s 500,000th Patient
As of October 11, 2022, half a million animals have been spayed and neutered by the ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance (ASNA). The landmark patient was a puppy named Pumpernickel.