Since it was founded in 1866, the ASPCA has been an advocate for the kind and respectful treatment of animals. Our policies and positions take into consideration an animal's physiological, behavioral, social, and emotional needs and the roles that individuals, organizations, and communities can play to meet them.
Policy and Position Statements Regarding Companion Animals
COMPANION ANIMAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
- Limiting or Prohibiting Pets
- Dangerous Dog Laws
- Breed Specific Legislation
- Species Suitable to Be Companion Animals
SHELTER & RESCUE POLICIES AND PRACTICES
- Responsibilities of Animal Shelters
- Data Collection and Reporting
- Pets as Gifts
- Pet Identification
- No-Kill Community Coalitions
Here is the complete list of ASPCA policies and positions.