520 8th Avenue, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10018
September and October, 2019
Want to help feral and stray cats in your community? Attend the ASPCA’s Trap Neuter Return and Monitor (TNRM) certification workshop! Attendees will learn the basics of TNRM and colony care and become eligible to utilize the ASPCA’s free spay/neuter services, trap loan bank, animal transportation services and other support for community cats in New York City.
In this TNRM workshop you will learn:
- The history and behavior of community cats
- Best practices for TNRM
- How TNRM is the most humane and effective method to managing community cat colonies
- How to become an advocate for unowned cats in your community
- How to use Box traps, dividers, special trapping techniques, and pre/post spay-neuter in-trap care with hands-on practice
- Free services the ASPCA offers rescuers in New York City
- How to network with fellow caretakers
Attendees will also receive a Guide to Trap Neuter Return and Colony Care handbook, and additional resources that will provide the support and information you need to begin your own TNRM project.
Questions? Email TNRinfo@aspca.org for more information.