Ah, the great outdoors, where dangers lurk behind hedges, in newly-planted flower beds, and with a variety of creatures.
Add to that the great indoors, where hazards sit behind cupboard doors or carelessly left out in the open, and you've got a big, wide world of veterinary emergencies.
These articles and case studies can help you craft the best treatment strategy for chemical exposures and more.
Bonus! Enroll in the the RACE-approved APCC Toxicology online course program which includes the courses Household Toxic Hazards: The Good, the Bad, and the Tasty and The ABCs of Rodenticides.
- Caterpillars: Fuzzy Green Poisoners
- Firefly Toxicosis
- Venom Reactions & Treatment
- Bufo Species Toxicosis
- Blue-Green Algae and Other Water Toxins and Treatments
- Antifreeze: Not Just a Winter Toxin
- Treating Acute Water Intoxication
- Sunscreen and Pet Ingestion
- The Unpalatable Lure of Glow Jewelry
- Camping Safely with Pets
- Fertilizers, a Growing Problem
- Mushroom Poisoning in Dogs
- Cantharidin Toxicosis
- Metaldehyde Toxicosis
- Ethylene Glycol Poisoning
- Cocoa Bean Mulch
- Paraquat Exposure in Animals
- Treating Fertilizer Ingestions? As Easy as NPK
- Treating the Unknown Rodenticide
- Pit Bull and Rodenticide Case Study
- Treating Bromethalin Toxicosis
- Anticoagulant Rodenticide