Lifesaving Jobs that Matter: ASPCA Veterinary Medicine
Our work focuses on homeless pets, victims of cruelty and neglect, and owners that have barriers to accessing care. Help keep people and pets together by providing high-quality medical care to vulnerable animals. If you’re driven by our mission to improve the lives of pets and their humans, learn more about opportunities to work for the ASPCA®.
The ASPCA understands that we do our best work for animals when we extend compassion and support to our staff. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits with the ASPCA covering a majority of the plan costs, and veterinarian and veterinary technician positions are eligible for relocation assistance and a signing bonus.
The ASPCA Also Offers
- Career paths for veterinarians and vet techs who want to make a better world for animals and people, including:
- General practice + HQHVSN for pets living with people in poverty at our Community Veterinary Centers in NYC, Miami, and Los Angeles
- Shelter medicine at our NYC Kitten Nursery, and Adoptions Center
- Behavioral Rehabilitation Center in Weaverville, NC
- Spay/neuter education at our Spay/Neuter Alliance campus in Asheville, NC
- Urgent care at the ASPCA Animal Hospital in New York City
- Telemedicine through our Animal Poison Control Center in Urbana, IL
- Forensic medicine in Gainesville, FL, and New York City
- Disaster and emergency response for victims of large-scale cruelty and natural disasters, nationwide
- Rewarding work: Focus on helping homeless pets, vulnerable animals, and owners that have barriers to accessing care.
- Work-life balance: No more worrying about the high cost of services to your clients, and no overnights for veterinarians. You can focus on your patients and your life!
- Room to grow: the ASPCA has robust professional development programs to help you grow as a medical professional and a leader.
- Support: we are one of the largest and most impactful animal welfare organizations in the world, so you will always have a strong team to lean on and cheer you on!
- Fear Free environment, and are passionate about minimizing fear, anxiety, and stress in our patients, clients, and staff.
- Employee well-being is prioritized in an engaging work environment that supports collaboration, and individual professional development.
- Industry-leading benefits and a competitive compensation: medical, dental, and vision insurance, pre-tax dependent care and health flexible spending accounts (FSAs), 401(k) with up to 8% employer-funded contributions after one year of service, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, veterinary license fee reimbursement, continuing education allowance, and more (note the ASPCA’s benefits are reviewed annually and are subject to change).
“Together, we’re building the road to a more humane future for both pets and people.”
Of our 750 staff animal professionals, more than half are licensed medical staff, focused on rescuing, treating, and caring for vulnerable animals. When disaster hits, our team is on the ground responding. When a pet owner faces barriers to accessing care, our veterinary staff steps up to provide lifesaving treatment. When a victim of animal cruelty suffers from physical and psychological wounds that prevent adoption, our medical and behavior experts collaborate to transform a fearful animal into a happy, healthy pet. We provide new DVM students with mentorship to sharpen their spay/neuter skills and continuing education to ensure broad medical expertise.
ASPCA Animal Hospital (AAH) | New York, NY
ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance (ASNA) | Asheville, NC