Veterinary Technician and/or Assistants
The TDSNC in Moundsville, WV is seeking two experienced Veterinary Technicians or Assistants with a background in surgical prep, monitoring and recovery in a high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter setting.
Applicant will also assist with appointments and customer service responsibilities to include obtaining and documenting patient histories, drawing blood, and administering vaccines.Responsibilities include:
- Draw and administer drugs to surgical patients (dogs and cats only) by IM and IV
- Intubate animal patients before surgery
- Place IV catheters
- Assist doctors
- Restrain and handle cats and dogs
- Assist with patient check-in & discharge
- Answer phones, schedule appointments, and assist front desk
- Maintain cleanliness of dog, cat, and transport areas
- Maintain humane cat traps
- Continuously rotate laundry
- Prep animals for surgery
- Prepare surgical packs (routinely clean surgical instruments)
- Inventory and organize assigned areas and products
- Keep surgery, exam rooms and wards clean
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This role will need to handle chemicals, bio-hazardous waste, and requires lifting up to 50 lbs. Candidates must be able to restrain difficult cats and sometimes large unsocialized dogs without getting injured or endangering others. The employee is frequently required to stand or be on his/her feet for long periods of time. Candidates are expected to work 40 hours per week.
Starting pay is based on experience and allows for advancement as job criteria are met. If you are a Licensed Technician, licensure fees and a CE package can be negotiated. Benefits include no after-hour or weekend call.
How to Apply
For more information or to apply you can contact the executive director Denise Nally. 304-810-0580. email@example.com