- Efficiently lead high volume surgery day focused on spay/neuter procedures.
- Collect samples for testing and perform laboratory tests.
- Medicate, vaccinate, and treat animals as prescribed by veterinarian.
- Administer anesthesia and monitor animals under anesthesia.
- Assure successful recovery of animals post-surgery
- Assist veterinarians in medical and surgical procedures. This includes using proper restraint.
- Perform physical examination of animals.
- Perform accurate data entry to update animal records and controlled drug logs.
- Handle and move animals prior to and following medical procedures.
- Perform euthanasia and other related tasks.
- Oversee medical supply inventory process and provide accurate counts as well as data weekly.
- Participate in other shelter daily tasks as needed and assigned by supervisor.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional, and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility – Department Volunteers
Travel – This position may require travel to different work sites
Full Time Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits. 401(k), CVTs are eligible for student loan reimbursement, CE, Relocation assistance and more!
Compensation: Starting at $20 per hour (uncertified); $21 per hour (certified veterinary technicians) (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
We have compassion and care about our employees, our volunteers, and the community. In a continued effort to ensure the safety of our employees, volunteers, and community members, all Dumb Friends League employees are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or have an approved medical or religious exemption. New employees will be required to provide proof to their status upon hire or have an approved medical or religious exemption. For questions, reach out to a member of the Human Resources team.
- High level of skill, knowledge, and proficiency with high volume spay/neuter surgeries.
- Working knowledge of current veterinary practices.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- High attention to detail
- Associate degree in veterinary technology or equivalent experience
- Completion of a veterinary technician internship or comparable experience
- Certified veterinary technician
- Experience in an animal welfare environment
How to Apply