- Requires an Associate's degree in veterinary technology from an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited veterinary technology program and license to practice as a veterinary technician in Virginia.
- Successful completion of a background investigation including polygraph examination.
- Valid Virginia or North Carolina driver's license (or eligible to obtain/exempt from requirement)
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination.
Individual will work with the supervising veterinarian during surgical procedures including pre- and post-operative care, perform laboratory and diagnostic tests; administer medication/vaccines; perform humane euthanasia based on medical recommendations, and other duties as required.
Requisition number #29338
Position posting will remain open until September 30, 2019
Compensation and Benefits:
- Pay range is G.17, $35,568.00 - $52,790.40
- Health insurance, Dental, Legal, Short/Long term disability, and Deferred Comp and monthly paid personal time off accrual are some of the City benefit options available to employees.
- All full-time employees are required to contribute 5% of annual salary toward their retirement account; in accordance with VRS retirement provisions.
- License renewal and annual continuing education credits paid for by the agency.
How to Apply
Apply at www.vbgovcareers.com!