JOB DESCRIPTION – VETERINARY TECHNICIAN JOB SUMMARY Responsible for daily care of all surgical patients, assisting doctors and veterinary assistants with pre-, peri- and post-operative care of patients, general cleaning, and training others to utilize our patient care protocols WORKING RELATIONSHIPS Works closely with Clinic Veterinarians, Clinic Veterinary Assistants, and other clinic staff ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Handle and track controlled substances for large volumes of surgical patients
- Efficiently pre-medicate, induce, and intubate any and all patients as necessary
- Able to monitor anesthesia, with a clear idea of abnormal conditions
- Ensure prompt and accurate paperwork procedures are followed each day
- Communicate in effective and professional manner with public, trainees, and all clinic staff members
- Represent the Hearts Alive Village in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Follow all written and verbally communicated departmental standard operating procedures
- Communicate with clients and assist with rechecks as needed
- Knowledge and ability to intake and release patients, including delivering post-operative instructions in a competent and friendly manner
- Train veterinary assistants, new staff members, and trainees to utilize our patient care protocols
- Able to respond appropriately during an emergency, able to take direction from veterinarian and direct others during the event, and maintain competency during CPR procedures.
- Able to glove in sterilely and assist doctor with surgery when appropriate.
- Handle medical calls
- Effectively “team lead,” displaying a positive attitude and acting as a motivating force for all staff members.
- Able to efficiently run a clinic team and maintain surgical flow.
- Able to perform all job functions of a veterinary assistant
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor
PREFERREDCurrent registered veterinary technician, with a license to practice in Las Vegas. Two or more years of experience in a veterinary clinic, veterinary hospital, and/or animal shelter or control facility. Candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic self-starter with a professional attitude. WORK ENVIRONMENT The offices and operations of a high-volume clinic can be high stress and very busy at times. This position is scheduled for 5 days/week, usually Monday through Friday; however, the schedule can change and may sometimes require weekend or evening hours to complete the job. Can include working some holidays or overtime depending on clinic needs. Candidate must be flexible with schedule changes and short notice overtime requests. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- RVT or enrolled in an approved veterinary medical technology program
- Must speak fluent English
- Must Client Education
- Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts, including but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks
- Must also be able to communicate basic veterinary concepts to owners and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian
- Will be asked to take medical histories for surgical rechecks
- Will be asked to communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org