Be a hero for animals in your community! Willamette Animal Guild (WAG) is a thriving community organization offering an opportunity to save 25,000 animals per year alongside a team of compassionate, exceptionally qualified support staff whose average tenure with WAG is over 9 years. Our surgeon of 13 years is retiring within a year, and will have completed over 67,000 sterilizations during that time, preventing over 335,000 unwanted cats and dogs in Lane County.
WAG seeks a veterinary surgeon for our low-cost, high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter clinic. We will train the right candidate (if needed) to sterilize up to 30 animals per day. This position is full-time (32+ hours, 8 hours/day, 4 days/week). Limited client interaction. WAG fully employs COVID protocols and will likely continue curbside service beyond the pandemic. Medical directorship possible for the right candidate with corresponding rate of pay.
Our veterinarian surgeon works closely with WAG’s director and assistant director of operations, lead CVTs/VAs and our board president.
- Perform pre-operative physical examinations
- Perform surgical sterilizations
- Examine animals post-op to ensure appropriate healing
- Examine patients for occasional post-op rechecks and order medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery
- Follow all organizational medical protocols and record keeping
- Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by CVTs
- Possess a positive attitude and promote staff development
- Must be a licensed veterinarian in the state of Oregon or be eligible before start date
- Be able to act decisively in a fast-paced environment, communicating clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Be committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Efficient and self-starting work practices
- 80 hours PTO front-loaded at day 91, prorated first year depending on start date
- 32-40 hours/week with no more than 40 hours after training period is completed, hours dictated by pace and skill set
- Professional Liability Insurance covered
- Allotted amount for CE required to maintain professional license
- Paid holidays in addition to PTO (at least 10 days a year)
- Some relocation expenses covered, if applicable
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com