- Serve as the first point of contact for patrons, and as such responsible for setting a positive tone in a variety of situations.
- Provide professional and compassionate service in an urgent care setting.
- Ensure patron check-in and discharge processes are smooth and efficient.
- Manage hospital calendar by accurately scheduling, confirming, and canceling appointments.
- Answer phone calls professionally, courteously and in a timely manner.
- Accurately enter patron payments and create end-of-day reports.
- Prepare, update, and maintain electronic patient and client records through our veterinary practice management software.
- Assist with educating patrons on basic hospital information and procedures.
- Maintain professional and courteous demeanor in all situations.
- Assist with front desk and lobby cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintain front desk equipment and supplies.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
Schedule: 10-hour shifts, 4 days a week.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
Handle animals of various sizes, weights, and temperaments. Subject to animal bites or scratches. Work performed in high noise level areas. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, and feces. Physical efforts may occasionally require bending, stooping, standing, climbing stairs, and walking.
Full Time Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance, PTO, holiday pay, 401(k), and more!
Compensation: Starting at $17.50 per hour +$1 per hour language differential (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
We have compassion and care about our employees, our volunteers, and the community. In a continued effort to ensure the safety of our employees, volunteers, and community members, all Dumb Friends League employees are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or have an approved medical or religious exemption. New employees will be required to provide proof to their status upon hire or have an approved medical or religious exemption. For questions, reach out to a member of the Human Resources team.
- Strong desire to serve under resourced communities with respect and compassion
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: One year of customer service experience
- Bilingual speaking both English and Spanish
- Experience working in a veterinary clinic or similar environment
- Experience with EZYvet veterinary software
- Working knowledge of current veterinary practices
How to Apply