Important - Please read
The job postings provided on this webpage are for informational purposes only, and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) does not confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any third party to this site. The ASPCA is not acting as an employment agent by providing this information nor is the ASPCA an employer with respect to any posting unless otherwise specifically stated in the posting. The ASPCA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or availability of any job listing. The ASPCA is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any employer posting jobs on this webpage other than decisions related to job postings for positions with the ASPCA. Any rights or claims any person may have under any applicable law (e.g., employment, equal employment, antidiscrimination, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.) may only be asserted against the employer and not the ASPCA.
- Nursing staff supervision
- Manage schedule, ensuring coverage.
- Review applications and conduct interviews for open positions within the Medical Department. Work with Medical Manager to identify critical needs and skill areas.
- Monitor, develop, and improve staff performance through coaching, training, and progressive discipline (when necessary).
- Training and development
- Coordinate training of new staff with lead nurses
- Apply 30-60-90 assessment to address and overcome training deficiencies.
- Support staff in obtaining additional training and continuing education.
- Track and document those training activities while identifying areas for continued development.
- Department operations and logistics
- Maintain equipment in good working order and ensure it is properly utilized, disinfected, and stocked or stored in appropriate locations.
- Work with Coordinators to monitor and maintain inventory, identifying reorder opportunities before they arise
- General Management
- Actively participate in activities and responsibilities of the organizational management team, including population rounds and management.
- Represent the department on relevant committees.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and Medical Manager
- Education and Work Experience
- At least three years of experience in an animal shelter, veterinary hospital or closely related field
- At least one year of supervision or management experience, more strongly preferred
How to Apply
Email resume or interest to Kate Kelley, Medical Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org