Are you a professional that believes the quality of life for cats and dogs can be improved through access to high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter services?
Are you dedicated to providing high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter services to reduce killing and increase live-outcomes for dogs and cats in shelters?
Are you a positive, enthusiastic, and productive individual who is excited to join a dedicated team of life-savings professionals who work hard and have fun while making the world a better place for animals and people?
We are Heaven on Earth Society for Animals, a team of hard-working, dedicated professionals who are committed to saving lives by providing high-volume, high-quality spay/neuter services, rescuing and rehoming cats and kittens, and providing a sanctuary home to elderly and special needs cats.
Now has never been a more exciting time to be part of the life-saving movement for animals in Los Angeles!
In 2020, for the first time, the city of Los Angeles reached no-kill with a sustained 90.49% save rate. After 11 years of a city injunction that prohibited trap-neuter-return (TNR), the city of Los Angeles is now allowed to perform this service. This allows our organization to take an active role in helping build the program's success. Los Angeles Animal Services (LAAS) is preparing to fund the sterilization of community cats in the city through the Animal Sterilization Fund and is actively working to put guidelines in place for the program's future success.
A new chapter in life-saving has begun in Los Angeles. The Heaven on Earth Animal Clinic is dedicated to supporting the efforts of the city of LA and others to save more lives.
Join our team. Play a part. Be the change.
Founded in 2000, Heaven on Earth began with humble beginnings. To this day, the mission of Heaven on Earth remains consistent: to transform the lives of homeless cats through rescue, sanctuary, and new beginnings.
We fulfill our mission through our many life-saving programs; by rescuing cats and kittens from Los Angeles City and County shelters; by providing expert medical care, socialization, and enrichment to each cat that enters our care; by placing cats and kittens into loving homes through our flourishing adoption and foster programs; by providing low-cost surgeries and other vital medical services to companion cats and dogs at our Heaven on Earth Animal Clinic, located within the West Valley shelter; by providing free transportation and trapping assistance for community and companion cats in the San Fernando Valley through our SpayShip Program.
Perry’s Place is our no-kill adoption center and sanctuary. Cats who are with us short-term awaiting adoption, as well as longer-term residents all receive high-quality care at our North Hollywood location.
Heaven on Earth Animal Clinic is our spay/neuter and wellness clinic offering services to the community and its pets. The clinic is located inside the West Valley Animal Shelter in Chatsworth.
The Veterinary Clinic Manager is responsible for providing leadership for the clinic, managing veterinary support staff and assuring the optimization of clinic operations. The Veterinary Clinic Manager is also responsible for ensuring the highest quality of customer service is delivered by promoting a team-oriented work environment that encourages peer discussion and constructive communication.
In partnership with the Director of Operations and Veterinarian(s) in Charge, the Veterinary Clinic Manager is responsible for the medical and financial performance of the clinic and meeting budget expectations, while maintaining a high standard of quality care. In addition, the Veterinary Clinic Manager is responsible for directing staff and the overall management of the clinic.
- Oversee performance for all clinic staff, ensuring positive outcomes, the best standard of practice and appropriate client communication and education
- Hire and train support staff, including client service representatives, veterinary assistants/technicians, and relief veterinarians
- Identify and screen potential candidates for hire and fulfill all appropriate HR responsibilities
- Manage and prepare the Invoice & Revenue spreadsheet to report to senior leadership. Track invoices for purchases made and forward to senior leadership.
- Work closely with Los Angeles Animal Services- managing any service requests, voucher payments and overall relationship
- Oversee management of supplies and inventory as it relates to medical supplies and equipment including but not limited to procurement with leadership approval
- Monitor staff performance, provide constructive feedback when necessary and deliver scheduled employee performance reviews
- Maintain the clinic management software and ensure proper record-keeping compliance
- Schedule and oversee all clinical equipment maintenance services needed for compliance
- Continuously improve client service standards
- Manage staff scheduling and ensure compliance in accordance with Labor Law, OSHA, and the VMB
- Maintain appropriate controlled substance logging and reporting systems
- Recognize and address areas for improvement in operational practices and protocols with the support of the Director of Operations and Medical Director
- Ensure and facilitate resolution of client concerns or issues
- Resolve financial concerns with clients, collect delinquent accounts and returned checks; determine when special financial agreements are appropriate
- Support veterinary staff during surgery and after surgery as needed, assisting with surgical recovery, float, discharge of patients and cleaning of clinic
- Partner with the Director of Operations to achieve the following goals:
- Expand clinic growth and develop innovative programs
- Address staff concerns, conflicts, and suggestions
- Develop and deliver staff continuing education programs when possible
- Ensure a high standard of client service by recognizing areas for improvement
- Create a positive and supportive work environment for staff members and volunteers
- Ensure positive working relationships with clients, shelter personnel, rescue organizations, and vendors
- Ensure that the clinic is current on animal health issues, medications, equipment and standards
- Provide leadership in the training and support of client service representatives, veterinary assistants, registered veterinary technicians, and veterinarians
- Promote internal marketing programs to increase client/patient visitation rate
- Cultivate a team-oriented, constructive, positive and encouraging work environment
- Organize and participate in community outreach events as time permits
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or two years of relevant experience
- Minimum two years of management experience at a veterinary practice preferred
- Experience mentoring and motivating team members, while ensuring satisfactory performance
- The ideal person will be a team player, personable, patient, flexible, proactive, enthusiastic and able to interact well with a variety of people
- Ability to work independently and use judgement within established guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to animal welfare movement specifically homeless pets
- Ability to professionally advocate Heaven on Earth Society for Animals position on issues
- Collaborate well within and outside of the organization
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and problem solve in an oftentimes fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated computer skills to include proficiency with MS Word, Google Suite and Excel
- May be required to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends, and be subject to on-call in emergency situations
- Experience with Shelterluv, ClinicHQ software preferred
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required
- Clean background check
- Eligible for work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license with access to transportation to travel on organization business
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule: includes weekends, nights, holidays, and on-call work
- Energetic and able to sustain the physical aspects of the job which may include lifting, carrying, cleaning and other tasks as assigned
- Ability to work extended periods of time sitting, including working at a computer to include repetitive typing, arm and hand motion
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing work requiring concentration and manual dexterity
- Long exposure on a daily basis to cats and dogs of all temperaments, sizes and medical conditions
- Must be able to routinely lift 50 lbs
Heaven on Earth Society for Animals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
How to Apply
Please apply through Indeed and include your resume and cover letter.