Work/Life Balance is extremely important in today's workforce. Here at Tally Spay, we are adjusting the work hours and days open to accommodate our flexible staffing and scheduling. With this approach, we can provide a valuable service to the community with top notch service and quality with the latest techniques in high volume spay/neuter surgeries.
Our approach to spay/neuter surgeries follows the guidelines of the ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance - a proven leader in these surgeries. Our staff is trained in this method and also brings in a wealth of experience from other sectors of veterinary industry.
Companion pets, rescue pets and community cats will be seen 4 days a week, doing high-volume surgeries, with additional one-day events throughout the year. The spay/neuter Veterinarian performs surgeries, establishes policy and directs the medical team in the clinic. Day-to-day operations of the clinic are managed by the Director of Operations and supporting staff.
A love of and interest in surgery is important in this work. High volume protocols and training will be provided however it will be a plus if you already have this experience. Mentorship and training will be available. Our patients are our priority. We provide high quality veterinary services by following current guidelines for anesthesia, surgical technique and pain control.
Candidate must have a current DVM license and be eligible to practice veterinary medicine in Florida and obtain a DEA license.
Part Time interest will also be considered.
No after-hours calls, no on-call shifts, no holidays, no taking work home!
About Tally Spay Facility and Operations:
- Spacious NEW facility
- Fully equipped and ready to operate!
- Highly visible, high traffic location
- NEW equipment, instruments, appliances, etc.
- Veterinarian will have opportunity to select new staff
- Flexible 4-day work week
- Practice limited to same day surgery and services at time of surgery (microchips, ear tipping, shots, some testing)
- Highly sought-after service for rescue groups and individuals
- Modern cloud-based client booking, reminders, check-in and accounting (Clinic HQ)
- Cloud based surgical notes, documentation, reporting (Clinic HQ)
- Staff entrance, security system, video monitoring
- Comfortable staff break room
- Private vet office space
- View the Tally Spay website: http://tallyspay.com
- Perform 30-35 spay and neuter surgeries per day (when training complete and fully staffed)
- Perform pre and post-operative examinations on all patients
- Provide vaccinations and limited medical care as needed at the time of surgery
- Perform post-operative rechecks and prescribe treatments as needed
- Supervise and train veterinary surgical assistants and technicians when needed
- Provide strong and compassionate leadership
- Provide regular review of medical and surgical protocols
- Oversee use of controlled drugs
- Work as a team with the Director of Operations, Office Manager and ASF President/Oversight Committee to ensure smooth operation of the clinic
- Paid Time Off - Sick, Vacation, Holidays
- Health Insurance
- ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance Training Program
- Professional Development / Continuing Education
- Working for a Non-Profit Qualifies for Government Loan Forgiveness Program
- Liability/Disability Insurance
- No State Income Tax
We are extra excited if you are:
- passionate in helping people and their pets and homeless animals.
- are excited to learn new things, teach others and enjoy being part of a team.
- wake up in the morning and feel like a superhero!
Located in Northwest Florida, Tallahassee, the state capital, offers a relaxed and low cost of living in close proximity and driving distances to major tourist destinations, beautiful parks and nature preserves as well as white sandy beaches. Enjoy our state’s zero income tax, temperate climate, and southern hospitality.
Tallahassee is the home of Florida State University, Florida A&M University, and Tallahassee Community College. The combination of State government and the universities creates an extremely stable economic environment. Tallahassee is a desirable community, with a surrounding population of over 300,000, which has attracted excellent veterinarians and is an ideal place to raise a family. With warm weather for most of the year and excellent school zones, Tallahassee is a wonderful place to live and practice veterinary medicine. Final candidates will receive a personalized complimentary tour of Tallahassee, tailored to your activity and location interests.
How to Apply
Please email your resume directly to the Director of Operations at email@example.com