Our brand new state-of-the-art facility (located just down the road of our current facility, also in Stratford, Ct) will house a full-service animal hospital, up-to-date equipment, services, and compassionate staff. In addition, we plan to offer advanced diagnostic features, including digital radiography (and dental X-rays), surgical suite, and more. We are growing ever closer to our ultimate goal of providing thorough, exceptional, and accessible care to our community’s companion pets.
We currently offer a solid and supportive team of dedicated individuals, enabling you to provide focused attention and professional service to area companion animals in need. As part of the team at Nutmeg, you can dedicate your efforts to serving animals while our staff handles the humans.
Nutmeg is a Humane Alliance clinic, and we are currently the only organization in CT affiliated with the Pets for Life program through HSUS. Our efforts are pivotal in providing access to veterinary care to needs-based communities that need it most. We offer a range of reduced-cost, quality medical services from primary wellness care and high volume/high-quality sterilizations to underserved populations not being met by traditional reduced-cost clinics in the state.
It is also our goal to give our clients options that fit their lifestyle and financial means. We believe our clients are our friends and customers, and we value their continued trust and goodwill. Courtesy and patience with clients and their pets are our priorities.
Not only do we think our clients and patients are essential, we believe our associates and support staff are vital to the growth and wellbeing of this practice. We take employee wellbeing seriously and offer superior salary, support for community medicine CE, including online webinars and training, and we foster a family-friendly atmosphere and more. This full-time position offers competitive pay and a benefits package. The work is rewarding, focusing on serving people and pets, not the bottom line.
How to Apply
We would love to tell you more! We can’t wait to show you how special we are and look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about this position or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree
- The license is in good standing in the state of CT or the ability to become licensed in CT
- Ability to maintain an open mind regarding changes and be willing to learn, implement, and teach new protocols
- Ability to work equally well independently and as part of a team with a positive and friendly attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for community medicine is strongly desired, must be interested in animal welfare philosophies, and serve low-income communities
- Must have an excellent work attendance record
- Must possess the ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced clinic environment
- Must possess excellent animal handling skills, including the ability to lift and move domestic animals in stressful conditions, up to 25 lbs with assistance
- Must have excellent ability to communicate effectively with fellow team members and the referring veterinary community
- Must possess the ability to work efficiently and calmly under challenging conditions. The typical clientele has not been seen by a veterinarian in the last 2+ years