Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Examine and treat animals through receiving processes as animals arrive at the shelter.
• Prioritize traumatic injuries and serious illnesses to ensure that all animals receive time sensitive care.
• Administer vaccinations, treatments and other aspects of preventive care. • Perform and assist with surgeries.
• Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medications, setting bones, dressing wounds.
• Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
• Operate diagnostic equipment, analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment.
• Euthanize animals with severe health issues, court ordered or serious behavioral conditions.
• Train or supervise employees who handle or care for animals.
• Keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your responsibilities.
• Document all exams, evaluations, treatments, surgeries, etc. in organization database.
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with staff from all departments for the care and resources of shelter animals.
How to Apply
You can contact Heather, LVT, Veterinary Services Manager at email@example.com with questions
To Apply Please Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org