- Perform exams and create care plan as needed.
- Knowledge of common canine and feline health concerns.
- Perform needed surgeries such as spays, neuters, amputations, enucleations, etc. as needed.
- Manage protocols for vaccines, surgery, URI and other issues for animals in care.
- Consistently look for opportunities to build and enhance our program of care.
- Coordinate with Vet clinics outside of Angel of Hope for specialty surgeries and other services such as X-rays. Included are specialists that visit to perform specialty surgeries.
- Act as a resource and provide support for staff on best practices for care of foster pets.
- Limited if any contact with public.
- Schedule may be 4 ten hour days or 5 eight hour days. Days will include one weekend day but can be somewhat flexible when needed.
Requirements for Full-Time Veterinarian:
- Active Minnesota DVM license.
- Must have prior High Volume/High Quality spay and neuter experience.
- Shelter medicine knowledge a plus!
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to multitask in fast paced environment and have strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to be reached by phone or email for emergencies or urgent cases when needed.
Angel of Hope Animal Rescue is a non-profit that finds homes for over 1400 pets annually with less the 1% euthanasia. Many of our pets join us from overcrowded southern shelters where they still deal with high levels of euthanasia. All pets are spayed/neutered, up to date and healthy prior to adoption. We do enjoy working with many special need’s pets too! We are excited to have you join our Vet Team and help give these pets have second chances!
How to Apply
Please forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include salary expectations and three professional references.