- Direct, monitor and support the day-to-day work of the team ensuring the work of the team is accurately done correctly. Utilize metrics provided to evaluate and create an appropriate plan.
- Collaborate with Team Leads throughout the organization to address logistical issues related to flow, space, scheduling, staff absences and other shelter concerns.? Effectively communicate and elevate challenges to management team as needed.
- Approach challenging situations with a positive perspective, helpful attitude and flexible strategies, seeking the best possible experiences and outcomes for pets and patrons.
- Utilize established SOPs to guide consistent and appropriate operating procedures. Provide productive feedback on implementation and potential challenges to be experienced by the team, propose edits as needed.
- Improve the quality of care provided by cultivating independent thought and action by staff in response to situations not effectively addressed by established procedures.
- Counsel and support staff in regard to their day to day work and provide input to managers regarding staff performance.
- Monitor data entry and documentation to ensure accurate and up to date animal records.
- Provide information and data to assist with development and management of budget.
- Provide onboarding support and training to staff and volunteers new to the team.
- Work in partnership with manager to provide training and mentorship for associates who demonstrate interest and capacity to take on additional and/or higher-level responsibilities.
- Partner with Purchasing and provide support for ensuring work materials and consumables remain well stocked for the team
- Responsible for maintaining the League’s high standard of neat and clean facilities in assigned work areas.
- Partner with Facilities and others as needed to ensure the League’s equipment is in good working order.
- Ensure that local, state, and federal safety animal care standards are met.
Team Specific Responsibilities
Shelter Veterinary Services
- Work alongside the shelter veterinary services team, providing support and guidance in the moment on all aspects of their work including veterinary technician, veterinary assistant and foster associate roles.
- Coordinate daily workflow of animals through the department, including emergent needs.
- Ensure efficiency and coverage all department needs, including impactful oversight of morning round-up meetings.
- Monitor care and treatment of animals to ensure proper services and follow-up care are provided and completed efficiently.
- Perform euthanasia and other related tasks, as well as train others to do so.
- Provide first line of exceptional customer service to all patrons, including reimbursement requests as necessary.
- Create and oversee meaningful relationships with foster parents, assuring they feel valued.
People are the key to fulfilling our mission. Making internal and external patrons and their needs a primary focus is expected in all situations. This position interacts with and collaborates with employees at all levels of the organization. Communication occurs through face to face, telephone, and electronic interactions and may also include contact with the general public and League business partners. Communication and contact must be clear, understandable, cooperative, professional and respectful in all circumstances. Employees are expected to actively support a positive team environment, directly address conflict, and appropriately express concerns.
Competencies are work behaviors and expectations necessary for successful job performance. They encompass knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and actions. Additional definitions for competencies may be obtained from Human Resources.
Organizational Key Competencies
- Integrity and Ethics
- Adapting to Change and Ambiguity
- Customer and Community Focus
- Emotional Intelligence
Position Key Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- Conflict Management
- Successful De-escalation
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Provides on the floor direction to Veterinary Technicians (certified and not certified), Veterinary Assistants, Customer Service Representatives, and Foster Care Associates
- This position may require travel to different work sites
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
Handle and restrain animals of various sizes, weights, and temperaments. Subject to animal bites or scratches. Work performed in high noise level areas. Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes, dust, animal dander, and feces. Physical efforts require constant bending, stooping, standing, climbing stairs, and walking. Frequent lifting of animals and objects with reasonable accommodation.
Schedule: 4 - 10 hour shifts, weekend availability required
Compensation: $24.30-$26.15 (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
Full Time Benefits – Please visit our website for a comprehensive list of all offered benefits.
- Benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with matching
- And more!
- Demonstrated success in a veterinary environment
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to utilize effective problem solving/decision making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Veterinary Technician or significant experience in and knowledge of veterinary medicine
- Supervisor or lead role experience
- Certified Veterinary Technician
- Ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions
- Experience with developing and delivering staff training
- Experience in animal welfare or other professional animal care field
- Ability to work with multiple levels of leadership to problem solve and implement solutions
How to Apply
Please click here to apply!