Perform 35 spay neuter surgeries during a normal workday (8-8 ½ hours between 8 am-5 pm, M-F).
- 10 canine surgeries of varying ages and weights of either sex.
- 25 feline surgeries with approximately 40% being community cats.
Pre-surgical and post-surgical exams.
Perform all surgical duties adhering to IHA’s standardized techniques and protocols.
- Standard of care – all patients are treated as individuals and should receive the highest quality of care. Considerations when evaluating for surgery:
- Stress and pain levels
- Anesthetic risk
- Post-surgical complication concerns
- Quality of life
- Drug protocol
- Surgical guidelines
- Right flank spay technique for all female felines.
- Canine castration is scrotal, closed cord technique with deep SQ closure only.
- Safety protocol
Benefits and Compensation:
Based on full-time position.
- Initial pay range of $90,000-$105,000 annually ($350-$450 per day), compensating for relevant experience.
- Increase of pay is based on performance and number of surgeries performed per day, approximate cap at $130,000 annually ($500 per day).
- Six paid holidays.
- Holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s is paid after one year of employment.
- An additional week of vacation is paid after two years of employment.
- Paid membership of a national organization.
- Access to VIN for referencing.
- Reimbursement for costs incurred relating to CE hours of $500 annually.
- At-cost pet care/prescriptions.
- Health insurance stipend of $300/month.
- On-site training at IHA clinic.
- $5,000 sign-on bonus
- $10,000 in student loan repayment over 18 months of employment.
Based on part-time position.
- Requesting one day per week commitment.
- Paid per day based on rate stated above.
- Other benefits may be prorated based on work schedule.
IHA is nonjudgmental, open-minded, flexible, and willing to negotiate any terms of employment.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out by phone at 319-363-1225.