Responsible for daily care of all surgical patients, assisting doctors and veterinary technicians with pre-, peri- and post-operative care of patients, general cleaning, and training others to utilize our patient care protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS 1. Knowledge and ability to intake and release patients, including delivering post-operative instructions in a competent and friendly manner
2. Know basic veterinary medical concepts
3. Communicate in effective and professional manner with public, trainees, and all POA SPAY staff members
4. Represent POA SPAY! in a professional and courteous manner at all times
5. Follow all written and verbally communicated departmental standard operating procedures and protocols
6. May be responsible for prepping patients for surgery, observing all clinic procedures, to enforce sterility and safety of patients
7. General duties in the operating room during surgery, assisting with movement of patients, recovery of patients, and general flow
8. Able to monitor anesthesia, with a clear idea of abnormal conditions
9. Able to respond appropriately during an emergency, able to take directions from a veterinarian and/or veterinary technician, and maintain competency in CPR procedures
10. Able to act as a kennel assistant if needed
11. Able to make surgical packs as instructed to specifications of our surgeon
12. Able to follow all cleaning protocols for disease management in the clinic for prep, surgery, kennels and as applies to laundry cleaning
13. Able to safely handle cats and dogs (up to 80lbs)
14. All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES 1. Must have a high school diploma
2. Must speak fluent English
3. Preferred experience in a veterinary clinic, veterinary hospital, and/or animal shelter or control facility.
Our clinic is currently open Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We are hoping to expand our days/hours once we have enough team members.
No phone calls please.
How to Apply
Please send resume to: email@example.com