This is an opportunity to play an important role in running and ultimately growing our unique local clinic, where we offer affordable spay/neuter surgery and basic preventive care for pet owners in Montgomery County. The MCHS Clinic is the first and only clinic of its kind in Montgomery County, and we are eager to expand to our fullest potential.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to quality care and compassion for pets and their owners, and possess experience in medium to high volume, high-quality spay/neuter surgical skills, a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and a desire to help further build the clinic’s benefit to the community. The candidate will oversee a small team of technicians and office personnel, and will play a key role in building the clinic to its fullest potential. The successful candidate will also be responsible for all medical care of our small population of rescue animals. At this time, the successful candidate must be comfortable working independently, however as our clinic grows, we plan to add additional veterinarians to our team.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- License in good standing with the Maryland State veterinary board
- Experience in medium volume spay/neuter for cats and dogs highly preferred; HVHQS/N experience is ideal.
- Experience with animal shelter medicine highly preferred
- Experience and knowledge of ‘Responsible Veterinarian’ duties is highly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Veterinary liability insurance required
MCHS offers a competitive salary, as well as benefits for full-time employees that include health insurance, life insurance, paid annual leave and sick time, and free parking.
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter describing your interest in this type of position and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org