Spay Today is an HQHVSN clinic dedicated to reducing the number of homeless animals in Eastern North Carolina. We offer an exciting opportunity for the veterinarian who wants to be a leader in effecting change for underserved dogs and cats. We work to reduce shelter intake and euthanasia by providing services to pet owners, shelters, rescue groups, and community cat caregivers. If you want to make a profound impact while enjoying a healthy work/life balance, we invite you to join our mission.
Since opening in 2006, we have sterilized over 64,000 animals. By placing our clinic across the parking lot from the Pitt County Animal Shelter, we have been able to spay/neuter every adoption before leaving for their new home. Our clients often drive long distances because our services are so appreciated. We book out several months in advance. All this is to say we are a busy practice performing a vital service for the community.
Our staff is experienced, enthusiastic and skilled. We were trained and mentored by Humane Alliance (now ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance.) We are committed and focused within an upbeat and compassionate environment. This is a fun and satisfying place to work. Everything is in place and ready to support you.
A love of and interest in surgery is important in this work. However, we do not expect you to start out doing 30 surgeries per day if you have not done so in the past. Training will be provided if you are not used to high-volume protocols. Our patients are our priority. We provide high-quality veterinary services by following current guidelines for anesthesia, surgical technique, and pain control.
Spay Today offers a four-day workweek with no emergencies or weekends. Veterinarians in the past averaged five to seven hours each day.
Benefits include paid time off and holidays, health insurance, CE, malpractice insurance, and licensing fees.
For the full-time position annual salary ranges from $95,000 to $105,000. We offer a $5,000 sign-on bonus and assistance with moving expenses.
Greenville is the cultural, educational, and economic hub of our region. East Carolina University offers football and symphonies, art, theater, and dance. The Brody School of Medicine anchors an expansive and cutting-edge medical district. A short drive takes you out of town and into the countryside. With mild winters, outdoor pursuits can be enjoyed all year. Meandering inland waterways, the beautiful Pamlico Sound, and many exquisite ocean beaches are all easily accessible.
- Perform 30-35 spay and neuter surgeries per day, including pediatrics
- Perform pre and post-operative examinations on all patients
- Provide vaccinations and limited medical care as needed
- Perform post-operative rechecks and prescribe treatments as needed
- Supervise and train veterinary surgical assistants
- Provide strong and compassionate leadership
- Provide regular review of medical and surgical protocols
- Oversee the use of controlled drugs
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director to ensure the smooth operation of the clinic.
- Must be a licensed veterinarian in the state of North Carolina
- Have or able to obtain DEA licensure
- Able to skillfully perform multiple surgeries in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to our mission and purpose
How to Apply
We welcome your questions. Come visit!
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org