Spay/Neuter Lead Veterinarian
Tally Spay offers an exciting opportunity for the veterinarian who wants to be a leader in effecting change for our communities' underserved dogs and cats. We work to reduce shelter intake and euthanasia by providing services to pet owners, shelters, rescue groups, and community cat caregivers.
The Animal Shelter Foundation (ASF), a non-profit organization with a mission to help the homeless animals in the community and to reduce pet overpopulation, is seeking a Lead Veterinarian for our recently built Spay/Neuter Clinic, Tally Spay, in Tallahassee, FL.
Our 4,100 square foot 1-vet high-quality, high volume, and low cost clinic is based on the gold standard ASPCA® Spay/Neuter Alliance model. ASF is seeking an experienced surgeon, confident, caring veterinarian to lead our medical team. If you want to make a profound impact while enjoying a healthy work/life balance, we invite you to join our mission.
Companion pets, rescue pets and community cats will be seen 4 days a week, doing high-volume surgeries, with additional one-day events throughout the year. The spay/neuter Lead Veterinarian performs all surgeries, establishes policy and directs the medical team in the surgical wing of the clinic. Day-to-day operations of the clinic fall to other staff members.
A love of and interest in surgery is important in this work. We do not expect you, however, to start out doing 30 surgeries per day if you have not done so in the past. Training will be provided if you are not used to high volume protocols. Our patients are our priority. We provide high quality veterinary services by following current guidelines for anesthesia, surgical technique and pain control.
Candidate must have a current DVM license and be eligible to practice veterinary medicine in Florida and obtain a DEA license.
- Perform 30-35 spay and neuter surgeries per day (when training and staffing is fully completed)
- Perform pre and post-operative examinations on all patients
- Provide vaccinations and limited medical care as needed at the time of surgery
- Perform post-operative rechecks and prescribe treatments as needed
- Supervise and train veterinary surgical assistants
- Provide strong and compassionate leadership
- Provide regular review of medical and surgical protocols
- Oversee use of controlled drugs
- Work in conjunction with the Office Manager and ASF President/Oversight Committee to ensure smooth operation of the clinic
- Competitive salary - $110k-125k annual salary
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance Training Program
- Professional Development
- Working for a Non-Profit Qualifies for Government Loan Forgiveness Program
- Liability/Disability Insurance
- No State Income Tax
We are extra excited if you are that person that:
- Is passionate in helping people and their pets and the homeless animals.
- Is excited to learn new things, teach others and enjoys being part of a team.
- Sometimes wakes up in the morning and thinks you are a superhero!
Located in Northwest Florida, Tallahassee offers a relaxed and low cost of living city in close proximity and driving distances to major tourist destinations and beaches. Enjoy our state’s zero income tax, temperate climate, and southern hospitality.
Tallahassee is the state capital and the home of Florida State University, Florida A&M University, and Tallahassee Community College. The combination of State government and the universities creates an extremely stable economic environment. Tallahassee is a desirable community, with a surrounding population of over 300,000, which has attracted excellent veterinarians and is an ideal place to raise a family. With warm weather for most of the year and excellent school zones, Tallahassee is a wonderful place to live and practice veterinary medicine. Final candidates will receive a personalized complimentary tour of Tallahassee, tailored to your activity and location interests.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
COVID-19 considerations: Curbside, Clients are required to wear mask when entering building
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tallahassee, FL 32304: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Veterinarian: 1 year (Preferred)
- DVM license (Required)
Work Location: One location
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to ASF President: Lauren Perlman at: