Are you ready to take the SAFE Care nonprofit veterinary clinic to the next level? We need you!
For nearly 20 years, SAFE Care Spay/Neuter Clinic in Raleigh, NC, has been part of the solution to animal suffering and overpopulation. With over 32,000 cats and dogs altered, we have reached over a quarter of North Carolina counties and impacted so many lives with our work.
Our veterinary team is waiting for you. Full-time spay/neuter veterinarian positions are currently available. If you're interested in part-time and relief work, we want to talk to you too!
Want to join a growing team? In June 2020, we opened a new surgery and intake facility – new equipment, new flow, and new vision! The new veterinarians on the team will lead this facility to the next level. There are so many more lives to save, and this facility will help you achieve that goal. Contact us to take a virtual tour as part of your application process.
No need to be concerned about long hours and emergency on-call commitments. SAFE Care offers a consistent 8 am to 5 pm schedule, Monday through Friday – no weekends, no on-call, no evenings. Every night you’ll go home knowing that you saved lives.
Do the most good. The SAFE Care Clinic supports the spay/neutering of the shelter animals at SAFE Haven for Cats and cats from community rescue groups and pets. This wide range of patient relationships means no day is the same, and every week is a new opportunity for good. It’s fast-paced, fun work with passionate people who are working to save the most cats.
We’re located in Raleigh, NC, consistently ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work (Business Insider) and Live (US News and World Report). With its diverse selection of restaurants, cultural activities, and educational opportunities, Raleigh (and the Research Triangle area in general) is a good place to start a new career!
- Examine animals pre-op to determine their appropriateness for surgery.
- Perform surgical sterilizations – between 20 and 40 per day.
- Examine animals post-op as necessary to ensure appropriate healing.
- Inoculate animals and provide recommendations for follow-up care.
- Supervise veterinary technicians, surgical assistants, and volunteers.
- Supervise cleaning protocols for the prevention of infectious/zoonotic diseases.
- Remain current on safe and efficacious medical protocol regarding anesthesia and surgery through continuing education.
- Provide quality service to clients, volunteers, and staff, recognizing their contributions to the clinic's success.
Mentoring is part of the package, and you will join an amazing team of dedicated professionals.
Health insurance, generous PTO, and reimbursement for CE and licenses. $5000 signing bonus! Relocation reimbursement is also provided.
How to Apply
Send a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter to Patti Godin, Senior Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide salary requirements.