Spay/Neuter Clinic Coordinator
Forgotten Felines of Sonoma County is expanding and we are looking to double the number of cats we alter each year. We are looking for an additional Clinic Coordinator to help us reach our goal.
- Work with the Clinic Operations Manager and staff to set and maintain the vision and goals for the FFSC spay/neuter program
- Coordinate all aspects of in house Spay/Neuter Clinic days which provide low cost, high quality care for our clinic clients and their cats
- Work with the Clinic Manager to prioritize pre-clinic preparation, day of, and post clinic tasks
- Schedule, train and oversee clinic volunteers and veterinarians in conjunction with other Clinic Coordinator(s) and Clinic Operations Manager
- Oversee proper legal recording requirements for all clinic medical supplies
- Oversee clinic operations on clinic day
- Manage In-House and Holding Cat Protocols
- Coordinate Cat Health Checks with vet
- Maintain/Manage OSHA Requirements and Drug Log intake records
- Ensure the accurate reporting of Microchip data
- Assist Clinic Operations Manager in creating, updating and distributing clinic policy and procedure manuals
- Assist with interviewing, training, and overseeing Clinic Volunteers & Staff
- Schedule and conduct Clinic Volunteer Trainings as necessary
- Schedule and review with Clinic Manager Clinic Volunteers/Vets/Techs for specific clinic days, shifts, and positions
- Prepare weekly clinic recaps to be distributed to volunteers and staff by Clinic Manager
- Maintain Clinic Volunteer Applications/Waivers & Roster
- Oversee all Clinic Volunteers on assigned clinic days – including effective communication, appreciation, motivation, and retention
- Prepare for “overflow” support day of clinic (outside vet appointments)
- Oversee clinic appointment scheduling
- Update/Revise when necessary, any client hand-outs instructions
- Work with staff in fine-tuning policies/procedures regarding all aspects of S/N clinics
· A love and appreciation of cats
· Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
· Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
· Able to work independently as well as with others
· Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
· Feline health/medical knowledge
· Minimum of 3 years of shelter, Veterinary Hospital and/or non-profit experience or equivalent
40 hours per week – Non-Exempt Position – Hourly Compensation.
Medical and dental benefit package.
The Spay/Neuter Clinic Coordinator will report directly to the Clinic Operations Manager.
ABOUT FORGOTTEN FELINES
Forgotten Felines of Sonoma County focuses on cats that are not “owned” and have little to no chance of being spayed, neutered, or receiving medical attention.
These cats are our county’s most vulnerable; they are the most likely to be neglected and they are the most likely to be forgotten.
Forgotten Felines of Sonoma County is the longest running Trap, Neuter, Return (TNR) organization in the country. Since 1990, we have been the guardians, protectors, and advocates for the unowned feral, unowned stray, and unowned community cats in our county.
We have spayed and neutered close to 40,000 cats, provided vital medical services, and given second and third chances for cats through our foster, adoption, and relocation programs.
All for cats that would otherwise slip under the radar, be neglected, or simply be forgotten.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
Please include a current resume and best time and method to contact you for an interview. Include why you feel this job is for you.