You will report to the shelter executive team and work with animal care staff, shelter veterinarians, and many volunteers.
You would be:
- Space planning in all areas of the shelter.
- Supervising, evaluating, and training the animal care staff.
- Feeding and providing medications for animals in our care.
- Documenting illnesses and injuries in a computer system.
- Monitoring animals after surgery.
- Making decisions about care, especially for animals in distress.
- Working with rescue partners, municipalities, and individuals on accepting adoptable animals into our program.
- Overseeing the foster program.
- Supporting the veterinarians with exams, vaccinations, and treatments.
- Enjoying the company of like-minded team members.
Ready to take the leap? You should be:
- A great animal handler.
- An individual with previous experience in animal shelters, rescues, or veterinary practices.
- It's a plus if you're a veterinary assistant or technician! Your skills are really valuable to us!
- It's an even bigger plus if you have managerial experience, especially as a veterinary practice manager or shelter manager/director.
- Comfortable with giving vaccinations, understanding medication dosages, and providing treatments such as subQ fluids.
We are a large organization with some of the best animal welfare people on the planet.
This is a exempt, salaried position with managerial responsibilities. Salary range is $33,500 to $45,000 depending on qualifications.
EOE – this employer is an equal opportunity employer –minority/female/veteran/disability.
How to Apply
This is a confidential posting. Please email all resumes and letters of inquiry to ShelterManagerResumes@gmail.com