Who We Need
Pet Community Center is seeking candidates for the position of President and CEO. We believe that people love their pets and will provide the best for them when given the opportunity. We are looking for a visionary leader and compassionate individual who shares that belief and is moved by serving people and their pets, especially those who have been underserved by the field of veterinary medicine.
The President and CEO brings together and/or develops all the people (staff, board, external parties) needed to advance Pet Community Center’s mission resulting in an organization that creates mission-related impact.
- Developing Leaders
- Setting Strategy/Vision
- Strategic External Relations
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, business or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an executive level position or a position that reports directly to an executive
- A minimum of 3 years of fund development experience
- Experience creating and managing an annual budget of at least $1mil and managing a team of at least 10 staff
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Is it you?
- You are a skilled communicator who can pivot from resolving a customer complaint, to coaching an employee, to inspiring a large crowd at a gala.
- You have a track record that demonstrates a “can do” attitude, flexibility, and determination. You’re just as comfortable meeting with a donor for lunch as you are cleaning up a kennel or answering the phones when you have to.
- You may be familiar with the term “Radical Candor”.
- The human-animal bond is something that is near and dear to your heart. You likely have a story about an animal that made a big impact on your life.
- You believe that pet ownership is not just for those who enjoy privilege or resources. You’re motivated by the idea of making veterinary care available to everyone.
- You’re often the person that others call on when they need leadership or collaboration and you’ve proudly served on a number of committees in your community.
- You have big dreams and the fortitude to see them through - and you’re ok with working in a humble environment.
Pet Community Center offers competitive salary and generous benefits for full time employees including medical, dental, and vision plan, paid time off, generous paid holiday schedule (including a week off between Christmas and New Year), discounted veterinary care for staff pets, and 403(b) (unmatched at this time).
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the position, please send a current resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position to CEOsearch@petcommunitycenter.org. No phone calls, please.