- Assist technicians and veterinarians in the performance of medical and surgical procedures.
- Administer medications as directed to shelter animals.
- Clean, disinfect, and maintain surgical and medical areas.
- Maintain medical equipment and supplies.
- Handle and move animals prior to and following medical procedures, restraining animals as needed.
- Perform data entry to update animal records.
- Perform clinic reception duties including handling incoming phone calls, greeting and assisting patrons, scheduling appointments, and filling prescription orders.
- Contribute to and lead initiatives to improve processes and procedures.
- Perform euthanasia and related tasks.
- Identify, assist with and be able to perform sample diagnostic testing as directed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility – Volunteers
Travel – This position requires driving a company vehicle and may require travel to different work sites.
Full Time Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, League-paid Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, 401(k) and more!
Schedule: 3 x 10-hours shifts, Thursday - Saturday, 4:30pm - 3:00am
Compensation: Starting at $19.00 per hour (starting pay commensurate with market, experience, and equity)
We have compassion and care about our employees, our volunteers, and the community. In a continued effort to ensure the safety of our employees, volunteers, and community members, all Dumb Friends League employees are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or have an approved medical or religious exemption. New employees will be required to provide proof to their status upon hire or have an approved medical or religious exemption. For questions, reach out to a member of the Human Resources team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Professional experience in animal welfare/ working with animals
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- Experience working in a veterinary clinic or similar environment
- Working knowledge of current veterinary practices
- Veterinary assistant certification
How to Apply