JOB SUMMARY Responsible for overall operations of the Clinic front office.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS Works closely with the Office Manager, Clinic Director and other Clinic staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS 1. Participates in check in/out of patients and balances cash drawer.
2. Manages booking schedule through software and ensures proper number of animals are booked daily in conjunction with Clinic Manager.
3. Ensures complete and accurate records exist for all patients, including rabies certificates, go-home paperwork, and medical records
4. Maintains accounts receivables for all owner and volume clients
5. Answers clinic phones, returns messages, forwards messages to appropriate staff in a timely manner
6. Inventories and orders office supplies
7. Ensures proper pricing for items set up and proper subsidies and grants in software.
8. Oversees online booking to ensure that system is set up and working properly. Replies to any emails regarding booking.
9. Trains and supervises Clinic administrative volunteers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES 1. Client Education
a. Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts including but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks
b. Must also be able to communicate basic veterinary concepts to owners and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian
c. Will be asked to communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner
2. Physical Requirements
a. Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours
b. Must be detail oriented
c. Must have excellent customer service skills and provide excellent customer service
3. Technical Requirements
a. Technical proficiency with PC platforms, as well as Microsoft Office.
b. Must be able to answer and respond to four phone lines.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The offices and operations of a high-volume spay/neuter clinic can be high stress and very busy at times.
Candidate must have experience in MS Office products and customer service. Prior experience at a veterinary office preferred. Must be able to work in a busy and sometimes stressful front office environment.
No phone calls please.
How to Apply
Email your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org