Important - Please read
The job postings provided on this webpage are for informational purposes only, and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) does not confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any third party to this site. The ASPCA is not acting as an employment agent by providing this information nor is the ASPCA an employer with respect to any posting unless otherwise specifically stated in the posting. The ASPCA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or availability of any job listing. The ASPCA is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any employer posting jobs on this webpage other than decisions related to job postings for positions with the ASPCA. Any rights or claims any person may have under any applicable law (e.g., employment, equal employment, antidiscrimination, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.) may only be asserted against the employer and not the ASPCA.
DescriptionJob Description – Office Assistant/Receptionist (Veterinary Clinic) JOB SUMMARY Provide customer service such as greet customers, answer questions, process incoming patients, and handle payments. Answer phone calls, which may involve answering questions and screening and scheduling appointments. Handle incoming and outgoing mail and email. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS The Veterinary Receptionist primary duty is interacting with clients and coordinating communication between doctors, assistants and the clients. Works closely with the Clinic Director and other Clinic staff. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures complete and accurate records exist for all patients, including rabies certificates, go-home paperwork, and medical records
- Scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, setting up new clients and patients.
- Preparation and maintenance of medical records, over the counter sales, mailings, computer operation, financial transactions, and front office and reception area maintenance.
- Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts including but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks
- Must also be able to communicate basic veterinary concepts to owners and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian
- Will be asked to communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner
- Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day with help
- Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly
- Must be able to see fine detail in a variety of situations
- Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours
- Technical Requirements
- Technical proficiency with Mac and PC platforms, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to answer and respond to multiple phone lines.
How to ApplyPlease email your resume to email@example.com