Job Title: Medical Director - Veterinarian
Department: HSU’s Murray, Utah Low-Cost Spay/Neuter & Vaccination Clinic
Classification: Full-time exempt, Monday to Friday
Position Summary: This position oversees all clinical activities, personnel and department budget. Provides spay/neuter surgeries in a high-quality, high-volume setting. Provides daily clinical supervision of veterinary assistants before, during, and after surgery. Manages low-cost vaccination services and other clinic services.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary $115k to $140k DOE, great benefits including 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee & dependents, up to $10k relocation assistance and a $25k signing bonus with a two-year contract.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all aspects of HSU’s spay/neuter & vaccination clinic and shelter medicine at our Murray, Utah campus.
- Oversee three or more additional veterinarians, 30+ clinic employees, volunteers, and $3.5 million dollar annual budget.
- Must be able to perform 20-25 s/n surgeries per day following ASV s/n guidelines.
- Oversee all other aspects of veterinary care including pre and postoperative care, anesthetic administration and monitoring, emergency care, restraint and treatment.
- Examine, diagnose and treat post-surgical medical complications of animals spayed/neutered.
- Manage controlled drugs and inventory.
- Represent the Humane Society of Utah in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner with public and all Humane Society of Utah staff members.
- Provide compassionate customer service to rescue groups, shelters, and private clients.
- Follow all written and verbally communicated Humane Society of Utah Spay/Neuter Standard Operating Procedures.
- Obtain continuing education as required by law.
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Must have, or be able to obtain, current Utah veterinary license.
- Must have Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience employed as a veterinarian preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a department of 10 employees or more preferred.
- 5 years’ experience managing a department budget of 2 million or more preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing why you think you are qualified and what you will bring to the Humane Society of Utah to email@example.com.