Important - Please read
The job postings provided on this webpage are for informational purposes only, and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) does not confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any third party to this site. The ASPCA is not acting as an employment agent by providing this information nor is the ASPCA an employer with respect to any posting unless otherwise specifically stated in the posting. The ASPCA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or availability of any job listing. The ASPCA is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any employer posting jobs on this webpage other than decisions related to job postings for positions with the ASPCA. Any rights or claims any person may have under any applicable law (e.g., employment, equal employment, antidiscrimination, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.) may only be asserted against the employer and not the ASPCA.
- Works with animal welfare groups as well as local and state agencies to provide secure transfer, protection, foster, rehabilitation, and adoption of animals at the shelter.
- Develop implement and monitor programs to maintain and improve the standards of humane animal care and customer services to the animals and the community.
- Supervise animal flow to maximize quantity and quality of services provided.
- Supervise entire team in the shelter management department, spay neuter clinic, and animal care. Works with the medical team to ensure medical needs are identified, animals are receiving timely medical and surgical care and that treatments are being performed.
- Directs the overall customer service and quality assurance programs, including regular review and follow-up on internal quality assurance alerts. Responds to specific problems and requests. Serves as the principal liaison in working with animal control agencies, state, and national animal organizations, as appropriate.
- Directs and monitors all aspects of the constant humane treatment and handling of sheltered animals. Monitors the maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, animal care and customer service areas. Creates SOPs and monitors all aspects of field operations and shelter care, including cleanliness, feeding, housing, traffic flow, space use, and capital construction and design. Ensures accurate recordkeeping and maintains quality control.
- Monitors programs, policies, SOPs, training, and activities to ensure compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations. Monitors safety compliance of staff and takes immediate action to correct hazards.
- Attend safety meetings and training.
- Responsible for overseeing the direct transports within the shelter.
- Helps plan spay neuter outreach and extraordinary events.
- Adhere to OSHA compliance policies and procedures.
- Establish and coordinate staff training and education programs.
- Provide guidance, consultation, and training, as appropriate to all staff.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and provision of animal care in a safe, competent, professional, and humane manner always.
Shelter Medicine Management
- Monitor compliance with medical protocols so that the medical needs of homeless animals residing at Pawmetto Lifeline are being met through disease prevention and/or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Create a collaborative environment and develop an efficient, productive Shelter Medicine team that provides the highest quality care to animals.
- Identify potential “bottlenecks” and formulate solutions to remove barriers to animals moving to adoptions quickly while still providing effective treatment.
- Assist with non-controlled drug inventory and ordering.
- Oversee controlled drug inventory with the CEO and Senior Directors.
- Work with Animal Care to ensure proper housing is maintained to minimize transmission of disease.
- Assist the Intake Team in understanding medical capacity for care for both individual cases as well as the general population.
- Identify animals that are prioritized for foster placement and assist with action plans for animals that have difficulty finding foster homes.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and with all local, state, and federal laws.
Spay and Neuter Clinic
- Maintains effective schedule for clinic employees within budgetary guidelines to ensure efficient clinic operations.
- Communicates regularly with the Clinic Manager, Senior Director & Clinic Veterinarian about department issues.
- Oversee onsite and offsite HSSA vaccination clinics. Ensure rapid flow of customers. through the clinic with an emphasis on the highest quality customer service possible.
- Works with the Clinic Surgical Manager & Clinic Veterinarian in the fiscal management of the clinic to assists to resolve any budget discrepancies; assists in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Maintain data integrity for animal records and coordinates billing with Finance department.
- Supervises efficient and accurate billing, records, and dispensing medications for customers.
- Oversees daily finance department requirements as directed by the Clinic Manager. Assist with end-of-day batching out process if primary employee designated to this area is absent.
- Coordinates and executes end of month efforts on retail merchandise inventory. Works with Finance department for end-of-month inventory counts.
- Coordinates with finance department for additional end of month tasks.
- Coordinates scheduling and training of visiting tech students, vet students, and veterinarians. Works with assigned Clinic Tech for tech extern training.
- Maintains an elevated level of professionalism within the Clinic
- Maintains an elevated level of communication with staff, supervisors, and other Pawmetto Managers.
- Assist Clinic Medical Manager & Clinic Veterinarian with resolving conflict or personnel related issues. Reports and discusses issues with the CEO and Senior Directors promptly.
- Ensures inventory and restocking of all veterinary supplies in the clinic are done accurately, promptly & with fiscal responsibility. Works with assigned Clinic Tech and Senior Directors for inventory, ordering, etc.
- Ensure the front desk is responding to all client inquiries as promptly as possible (phone calls-same business day, email requests-within 48 hours). Works with assigned coordinators for ongoing growth of S/N program.
- Fill in for front desk, vet tech duties as needed if team members are absent.
- Meets with vendors & contacts vendors as needed for equipment repair/maintenance.
- Maintains MSDS Log, OSHA compliance, and conducts periodic safety training for clinic staff.
- Performs inventory of controlled substances & stays current with all DEA requirements.
- Handles public complaints and communicates with customers & Senior Director in S/N clinic, Clinic Veterinarian as needed for resolution.
- Handles client concerns in a prompt, professional, kind, and respectful manner.
- Coordinates with the shelter and Animal Control for the documentation of incoming neglect or cruelty cases (pictures, record keeping, etc.)
- Develops equipment maintenance and calibration schedules and ensures compliance. Works with assigned Clinic Tech for equipment maintenance/calibration.
- Track and review clinic statistics monthly with CEO and Senior Directors
- Manages grants/funds used for public and shelter services
- Work with and stay updated with other Pawmetto Lifeline departments to coordinate grant/community programs and fund usage as they relate to clinic operations.
- Maintains clinic functions within state Veterinary Board and local government guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Perform customer service to the standards set in Pawmetto Lifelines employee manual.
- Ensures clinic staff abides by all safety policies and procedures.
- May train and supervise volunteers for clinic functions.
- May drive company vehicle in performance of company business.
- Field work, animal transport, and offsite coordination as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org