The Animal Coalition of Tampa (a 501(c) 3 providing affordable spay/neuter & wellness services to pets and community cats of Tampa Bay since 2002) is currently seeking an energetic, compassionate, experienced HVHQ (High Volume,High Quality) surgeon able to perform an average of 40+ high-volume, high-quality spay and neuter surgeries (including pediatric patients) on owned pets and community (feral) cats. Candidate would be responsible for daily care of all surgical patients, ensuring all clinic staff members are adhering to proper pre-, peri- and post-operative care of patients. Candidate must maintain compliance with the Animal Coalition of Tampa policies and procedures.
1)Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
2) Licensed or ability to obtain a license with the State of Florida Veterinary Medical Board
3) DEA license or ability to obtain one
4) Veterinary Liability Insurance
5) High Volume/High Quality Spay Neuter training or experience
5) Strong interest in animal welfare population and ending of pet overpopulation
1) Perform pre-surgery physical examinations (including visual assessment of cats in humane traps) on all surgical candidates to determine appropriateness for surgery and/or need additional care prior, during and after surgery.
2) Document physical examination findings and any adverse events on appropriate medical records.
3) Communicate with Lead Veterinary Technician to determine the pace of work to be performed.
4) Examine animals post-op as necessary to ensure appropriate healing
5) Diagnose, and treat any post-surgical medical complications of patients.
6) Prescribe and administer medications and vaccines as appropriate.
7) Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by veterinary technicians and supervise the surgical team.
8) Supervise cleaning protocols for the prevention of infectious/zoonotic diseases.
9) Stay current on safe and efficacious medical protocol regarding anesthesia, surgery, vaccination and treatments through continuing education.
10) Communicate any issues concerning staff or patients with the Clinic’s Director.
11) Provide quality service to clients, volunteers, and staff, recognizing their contributions to the clinic’s success.
1) Competitive Salary
2) Paid Vacation and Holidays
3) Health Insurance
4) 401K with company match
5) Pet Discount
6) Compensation for Continuing Education credits
7) Relocation assistance TBD
8) Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) eligibility.
1) Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions and in a high-volume, fast-paced clinic.
2) Ability to respond quickly to a variety of medical situations.
3) Ability to clearly communicate information, instructions and ideas to staff and clients when appropriate.
4) Ability to recognize a personal need for assistance or information and willingness to ask when appropriate.
5) Able to cope with frustrating situations and remain calm
6) Able to monitor and assess personal performance in order to make improvements or corrections.
7) Ability and desire to provide compassionate and patient customer service to clients, when needed.
8) Ability to withstand 10-12 hour days when it's necessary for the safety of the animals.
COVID-19 precautions currently in place:
The health and welfare of our staff is of utmost importance to us. With the increased risks, due to the Delta variance, we are doing everything to keep our staff, our patients and their caretakers safe. With this goal in mind we have established the following protocol.
1) All customers and staff are required to wear a mask
2) Staff required to wear protective mask during entire shift
3) Currently, only providing curbside services
4) Common surfaces are sanitized regularly
5) Staff required to be vaccinated. If EEOC exclusion applies, staff is required to attain recurring testing results.
Clinic location: 8501 Ladue Lane; Tampa, FL 33614
Tampa Bay is well known for its’ beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, world class theme parks, 3 major pro sports teams; 3 time Stanley Cup winners (2004, 2020, 2021)Tampa Bay Lightning, the NFL champions (2003, 2021) Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Tampa Bay Rays. Tampa Bay is loaded with endless recreational trails, gorgeous nature preserves, top notch cultural attractions & museums, fantastic local restaurants & breweries, amazing coffee shops, diverse waterfront activities, world class fishing and so much more!
How to Apply
Please send and cover letter, CV and references to SpayFlorida@gmail.com