Are you compassionate about animals and have a desire to speak for those who cannot? For over 100 years, the Dumb Friends League has been working to end pet homelessness and animal suffering by providing a strong and steadfast voice for those who cannot speak for themselves. As the largest community-based animal welfare organization in the region, we care for more than 20,000 homeless pets and horses each year at our four facilities and are a national model in animal welfare. If you work well with people too, join our team and help us provide that voice.
In this role you will perform HQ/HV surgeries on the leagues two mobile spay/neuter units and in the cat spay/neuter clinic. This position will also provide mentorship to Interns and Externs, helping to train the next generation of Veterinarians. Looking for a schedule that allows for work life balance? Our spay neuter shifts are 7-3:30 or 8-4:30, with no on call responsibilities. We will provide training opportunities to the right candidate.
- Safely perform high quality high volume spay/neuter surgeries for dogs and cats.
- Collaborate with Veterinary Services management team to maximize efficiencies and positive outcomes.
- Supervise and mentor Veterinary interns and externs in surgical techniques and procedures.
- Maintain a culture of collaboration and teamwork among the Veterinary teams.
- Monitor and evaluate departmental/area processes and procedures to maximize efficient uses of resources.
- Occasionally participate in community wellness clinics and events.
- Participate in inter-departmental meetings and discussions to support and develop League initiatives.