The Humane Society of Sheboygan County is a non-profit 501(c) 3 no-kill animal shelter. It has an intake of approximately 2,500 animals per year. When fully staffed the shelter employs approximately 20 individuals on both a full-time and part-time basis. Its complement includes a veterinarian, operations manager and marketing/fund development professional. It has an operating budget of approximately $1.25 million/year.
HSSC is seeking an Executive Director with experience in grant writing and reporting, development planning and fund development, financial management, and the coordination and supervision of non-hourly employees and volunteers. This professional position requires 40 hours per week at a minimum, including some weekends and evenings.
Candidates who apply should be goal-oriented, with a proven track record and possess the following strengths:
- Fund development skills (grants, community business, foundations, and individuals).
- Ability to prepare budgets, read financial statements and maintain sound fiscal practices.
- Public speaking skills.
- Organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Leadership and relationship building skills that enables him/her to work in a team setting and the community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy (QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher)
- Knowledgeable about animal rights and cultivating community support
Applicants should possess a four-year college degree. The ideal candidate would be willing to relocate and integrate into the greater Sheboygan community.
Pay $50,000 to $60,000 per year
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org