As a member of the leadership team-
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in the formulation of shelter medical objectives, practices, plans and decisions that influence operations to ensure optimal health of animals.
- Provides regular updates to the SARL Board of Directors regarding medical status, initiatives, and Community Medicine outreach programs.
- Takes part in long term planning regarding shelter vision and objectives, staffing, facilities, including plans for new / remodeled buildings to best fit animal needs.
- Develop an animal enrichment program and instill into the overall culture.
- Identifies and helps to resolve challenges facing the shelter, internally and externally.
- Treats people and animals with respect, contributes to effective teamwork; promotes intra-and inter-departmental cooperation; and fosters public relations beneficial to SARL.
How to Apply
- Valid license to practice veterinary medicine in the State of New Hampshire
- Valid DEA License
- Shelter experience preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Pet Point software is desired
- Experience with community medicine (spay/neuter services and clinics)
- Experience in managing staff and budgets
SARL offers a competitive salary and health, dental, vision and retirement plans. Continuing Educations allowance, and the organization will pay for NH and DEA licenses.
Per diem available
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com