Important - Please read
The job postings provided on this webpage are for informational purposes only, and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) does not confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any third party to this site. The ASPCA is not acting as an employment agent by providing this information nor is the ASPCA an employer with respect to any posting unless otherwise specifically stated in the posting. The ASPCA assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability or availability of any job listing. The ASPCA is not responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any employer posting jobs on this webpage other than decisions related to job postings for positions with the ASPCA. Any rights or claims any person may have under any applicable law (e.g., employment, equal employment, antidiscrimination, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.) may only be asserted against the employer and not the ASPCA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically lead and direct the shelter operations teams at the HSPPR Colorado Springs location to ensure the highest level of people care is delivered to staff, volunteers, patrons, donors, partners, and vendors.
- Support and direct the humane treatment in handling companion animals, including monitoring the adherence to best practice sanitation and treatment protocols.
- Assure HSPPR Colorado Springs facility is maintained to provide a safe and sanitary environment for animals, and people, including adherence to and monitoring mandated standards (e.g., PACFA).
- Conduct strategic workforce planning to design an organizational structure that optimizes resources, efficiencies, productivity and provides support to staff. Regularly assesses organizational structure for improvement opportunities.
- With department and program managers, monitor and evaluate program effectiveness across operational departments, including statistical analysis, report creation, presentation, and implement changes and improvements to ensure efficient use of resources.
- With department and program managers, develop objectives and plans and assist in developing HSPPR initiatives and programs.
- Play a key role in the development and evaluation of HSPPR strategic initiatives and goals.
- Support the development of SOPs and ensure management at the department level.
- Manage external vendors to provide services as needed.
- With department and program managers, develop and monitor departmental and program budgets, ensuring teams have essential resources needed to meet department goals while maintaining fiscal responsibility and being good stewards of HSPPR resources.
- Attract, select, onboard, develop and coach talent with a commitment to leadership development, performance, core values, organizational culture, engagement, diversity and inclusivity, personal and professional growth, teamwork, and succession planning.
- Develops and fosters an environment of collaboration with the Director of Veterinary Services and veterinary operations on matters concerning animal health and behavior.
- Collaborate with other functional leaders in leading organizational initiatives, strategic planning, and ensuring alignment with core values, vision, mission, and the strategic plan.
- Represents the organization internally and externally with integrity, serving as an ambassador of HSPPR’s mission and brand.
- Recruits, supervises and evaluates direct reports in the performance of their job responsibilities.
- Coaches staff by providing ongoing feedback and timely performance evaluations.
- Sets performance standards; directs and motivates employees.
- Investigates grievances and performs disciplinary action when necessary.
- Consults with Vice President of Operations regarding discipline and terminations.
- Directs and guides staff in situations that require immediate problem-solving.
- Directs, motivates, and develops direct reports, ensuring effective teamwork and high standards of work quality.
- Cultivate strong problem-solving skills among staff, including the ability to solve problems quickly and creatively.
- Coordinates with managers and supervisors to ensure proper workforce planning.
- Supports staff and volunteers, recognizing their contributions to the success of our organization.
- Provides recommendations of policy/procedural changes for departments and works with managers/supervisors to ensures the implementation of those policy/procedural changes.
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals, and success of HSPPR.
- Supports the Socially Conscious Shelter and Socially Conscious Community model of animal welfare.
- Possess the ability to remain flexible with differing viewpoints, focus efforts on common goals.
- Appreciate multicultural and socioeconomic differences and foster an environment of mutual respect.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Customer Service Manager, Shelter Manager
How to Apply