The Associate will create and implement development projects while utilizing WRR’s voice. This position will work closely and under the supervision of the Director of Development & Outreach and the Founder/President to effectively communicate WRR’s mission and increase our member numbers, donations, and engagement with the organization.
This position has the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate, create and execute WRR’s digital communications, specifically social media, press releases, blogs, e-Alerts, etc.;
- Implement advertising and fundraising for digital campaigns via social media, Raiser’s Edge, Constant Contact and WordPress as needed;
- Maintain website, monitor SEO, and web traffic metrics;
- Assist in design of all WRR collateral, digital and print materials;
- Assist in the coordination of special events, staff events, fundraisers, presentations and donor engagement events;
- Keep abreast of animal rights issues that might pertain to WRR’s advocacy topics and to assist with advocacy outreach such as press releases, petitions, pledges, and media coverage;
- Maintain media lists and monitor media mentions of WRR’s work;
- Report on and analyze social media statistics and digital campaign results;
- Respond to breaking news by posting to social media, limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and communicate with WRR’s constituents;
- Aid in the publication and dissemination of WRR’s donor appreciation materials (hand-written thank you letters and notes, envelope addressing);
- Assist with gift shop sales, inventory, shipping and organization of merchandise;
- Assist in development and management of a shared editorial calendar;
- Data entry related to the solicitation methods and preferences related to donors;
- Assist in writing, design and delivery of annual report; and
- As with everyone at WRR, this person works flexibly with the team to clean office areas, unload packages, assist with other department projects, and discharge other responsibilities assigned by the Director of Development & Outreach and Founder/President.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
- Experience: Important, 2-3 years’ animal nonprofit, development, marketing, advocacy, or public relations experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms and marketing techniques, including design and layout.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress or other web publishing platforms.
- Experience with publications management and possession of professional writing skills.
- Valid Driver’s License daily use of a vehicle.
- High attention to detail and ability to work with others to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Knowledgeable about animal and environmental protection issues.
- Attendance: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
The successful candidate must embrace the mission and values of Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation, including our belief that all animals — rare or common, regardless of species — are deserving of care, attention, and respect. WRR culture requires staff to be comfortable with and empathize with animals (and people who rescue them) during stressful and emotional situations; use critical and independent thinking skills to connect with volunteers and donors who love and care about animals; and be able to multi-task and manage work load efficiently with limited supervision at times. This person understands that their work will be edited by others and be open to constructive criticism within a collaborative work environment. An attitude of cooperation and teamwork is essential to success in this role.
Additional Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means. Ability to draft, review and produce well-written materials. Ability to make presentations.
- Composure: Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Decision-Making: Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Organization: Ability to keep various on-going projects organized. Requires good time management practices and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Reporting Relationships: Accountable to Director of Development & Outreach.
- Other Relationships: Founder/President, Volunteer & Education Coordinator, the Public
Compensation: Salary range is $40,000-$50,000 annually, plus benefits (WRR will pay 55% of your monthly insurance premium). Candidates selected for interview will be requested to provide references and a portfolio of writing samples and graphic designs. Position open until filled.
How to Apply
Persons interested in applying for this position should send a resume AND cover letter to (email preferred): Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation, Inc.
Director of Development and Outreach